Is Foreign Exchange Market Intervention an Alternative to Monetary Policy? Evidence from Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Takatoshi Ito, 2003.
"Is foreign exchange intervention effective? The Japanese experiences in the 1990s,"
Chapters, in: Paul Mizen (ed.),Monetary History, Exchange Rates and Financial Markets, chapter 5,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Takatoshi Ito, 2002. "Is Foreign Exchange Intervention Effective?: The Japanese experiences in the 1990s," Discussion Paper Series a428, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Takatoshi Ito, 2002. "Is Foreign Exchange Intervention Effective?: The Japanese Experiences in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 8914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Coenen, Gunter & Wieland, Volker, 2003.
"The zero-interest-rate bound and the role of the exchange rate for monetary policy in Japan,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 1071-1101, July.
- Wieland, Volker & Coenen, Günter, 2003. "The zero-interest-rate bound and the role of the exchange rate for monetary policy in Japan," Working Paper Series 218, European Central Bank.
- Coenen, Günter & Wieland, Volker, 2003. "The Zero-Interest Rate Bound and the Role of the Exchange Rate for Monetary Policy in Japan," CEPR Discussion Papers 3895, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Volker Wieland & Gunter Coenen, 2003. "The Zero-Interest-Rate Bound and the Role of the Exchange Rate for Monetary Policy in Japan," Computing in Economics and Finance 2003 138, Society for Computational Economics.
- José De Gregorio & Andrea Tokman & Rodrigo Valdés, 2005. "Tipo de cambio flexible y fijación de metas inflacionarias en Chile: experiencia y aspectos resaltantes," Research Department Publications 4428, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ledenyov, Dimitri O. & Ledenyov, Viktor O., 2015. "Wave function method to forecast foreign currencies exchange rates at ultra high frequency electronic trading in foreign currencies exchange markets," MPRA Paper 67470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oscar Bernal Diaz, 2006. "Do interactions between political authorities and central banks influence FX interventions? Evidence from Japan," DULBEA Working Papers 06-03.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- José De Gregorio & Andrea Tokman R, 2005. "Flexible exchange rate regime and forex intervention," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),Foreign exchange market intervention in emerging markets: motives, techniques and implications, volume 24, pages 127-38, Bank for International Settlements.
- José De Gregorio & Andrea Tokman & Rodrigo Valdés, 2005.
"Flexible Exchange Rate with Inflation Targeting in Chile: Experience and Issues,"
Research Department Publications
4427, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Tokman, Andrea & Valdés, Rodrigo & De Gregorio, José, 2011. "Flexible Exchange Rate with Inflation Targeting in Chile: Experience and Issues," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1558, Inter-American Development Bank.
- King, Michael R, 2003. "Effective Foreign Exchange Intervention: Matching Strategies with Objectives," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 249-271, Summer.
- José De Gregorio R. / & Andrea Tokman R., 2005. "Fear of Floating and Exchange Rate Policy in Chile," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 8(3), pages 29-54, December.
- Owen F. Humpage, 2003. "Government intervention in the foreign exchange market," Working Papers (Old Series) 0315, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 2003.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IFN-2002-10-18 (International Finance)
- NEP-IFN-2003-05-08 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2002-10-18 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2002-10-18 (Risk Management)
- NEP-RMG-2003-05-08 (Risk Management)
- NEP-SEA-2002-09-28 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:epruwp:02-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/epcbsdk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.