Measuring the Social Status of Education Programmes: Applying a New Measurement to Dual Vocational Education and Training in Switzerland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolter, Stefan C. & Ryan, Paul, 2011. "Apprenticeship," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Busemeyer, Marius R. & Cattaneo, Maria Alejandra & Wolter, Stefan C., 2010.
"Individual policy preferences for vocational versus academic education micro level evidence for the case of Switzerland,"
MPIfG Discussion Paper
10/11, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Marius R. Busemeyer & Maria Alejandra Cattaneo & Stefan C. Wolter, 2011. "Individual policy preferences for vocational versus academic education: Microlevel evidence for the case of Switzerland," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0068, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Mirjam van Praag, 2009. "Who values the status of the entrepreneur?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-045, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Kathrin Bertschy & M. Alejandra Cattaneo & Stefan C. Wolter, 2009. "PISA and the Transition into the Labour Market," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(s1), pages 111-137, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katherine Caves & Ursula Renold, 2016. "The Employer’s Dilemma: Employer engagement and progress in vocational education and training reforms," KOF Working papers 16-423, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Aurelien Abrassart & Marius R. Busemeyer & Maria A. Cattaneo & Stefan C. Wolter, 2017. "Do migrants prefer academic to vocational education? The role of rational factors vs. social status considerations in the formation of attitudes toward a particular type of education in Switzerland," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0128, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Status; Vocational Education and Training; Dual VET; Apprenticeship;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-03-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2016-03-29 (Education)
- NEP-EUR-2016-03-29 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kof:wpskof:16-403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/koethch.html .