Report NEP-EDU-2016-03-29This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. JoÃ£o Carlos Correia LeitÃ£o issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Laura López-Torres & Diego Prior Jiménez, 2014. "Measuring School Demand in the Presence of Spatial Dependence. A Conditional Approach," Working Papers 1403, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Jun 2014.
- Timothy J. Bartik & Brad J. Hershbein & Marta Lachowska, 2016. "The Merits of Universal Scholarships: Benefit-Cost Evidence from the Kalamazoo Promise," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 16-252, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Javier Cano-Urbina & Lance Lochner, 2016. "The Effect of Education and School Quality on Female Crime," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20163, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Scott E. Carrell & Mark Hoekstra & Elira Kuka, 2016. "The Long-Run Effects of Disruptive Peers," NBER Working Papers 22042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Álvaro Choi & María Gil & Mauro Mediavilla & Javier Valbuena, 2016. "Double toil and trouble: grade retention and academic performance," Working Papers 2016/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Brian Jacob & Susan Dynarski & Kenneth Frank & Barbara Schneider, 2016. "Are Expectations Alone Enough? Estimating the Effect of a Mandatory College-Prep Curriculum in Michigan," NBER Working Papers 22013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jorge Calero & Inés P. Murillo Huertas & Josep Lluís Raymond Bara, 2016. "Education, age and skills: an analysis using the PIAAC survey," Working Papers 2016/3, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Rogan, Sally & Siminski, Peter, 2016. "The effect of supplemental instruction on academic performance: An encouragement design experiment," Ruhr Economic Papers 603, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Thomas Bolli & Ladina Rageth, 2016. "Measuring the Social Status of Education Programmes: Applying a New Measurement to Dual Vocational Education and Training in Switzerland," KOF Working papers 16-403, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Beth E. Schueler & Joshua Goodman & David J. Deming, 2016. "Can States Take Over and Turn Around School Districts? Evidence from Lawrence, Massachusetts," NBER Working Papers 21895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atila Abdulkadiroglu & Parag A. Pathak & Christopher R. Walters, 2015. "Free to Choose: Can School Choice Reduce Student Achievement?," NBER Working Papers 21839, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Item repec:dew:wpaper:2016-01 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Joppe de Ree & Karthik Muralidharan & Menno Pradhan & Halsey Rogers, 2015. "Double for Nothing? Experimental Evidence on the Impact of an Unconditional Teacher Salary Increase on Student Performance in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 21806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geovanny Castro Aristizabal & Maribel Castillo Caicedo & Julie Carolina Mendoza Parra, 2016. "Main determinants acquisition of skills in Latin America: a multilevel analysis from the results PISA 2012," Working Papers 22, Faculty of Economics and Management, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali.
- Korthals, R.A., 2016. "The education revolution on horseback II : using the Napoleonic wars to elicit the effect of tracking on student performance," Research Memorandum 015, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Prettner, Klaus & Schäfer, Andreas, 2016. "Higher education and the fall and rise of inequality," ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 03/2016, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Grey Gordon & Aaron Hedlund, 2016. "Accounting for the Rise in College Tuition," NBER Working Papers 21967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tetsuo Ono & Yuki Uchida, 2014. "Pensions, Education, and Growth: A Positive Analysis," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 14-37-Rev.2, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics, revised Mar 2016.
- Mónica Ospina Londoño & Juan José Estrada, 2016. "Congruence of higher education: determinants and effects of the allocation process in the labor market, applied case to Colombia," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 014328, Universidad EAFIT.
- Ivo Bischoff & Ferry Prasetyia, 2015. "Determinants of local public expenditures on education: empirical evidence for Indonesian districts between 2005 and 2012," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201532, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Thomas Kemper, 2016. "Zur landesspezifischen Erfassung des Migrationshintergrunds in der Schulstatistik – (k)ein gemeinsamer Nenner in Sicht?," Schumpeter Discussion Papers SDP16001, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Julien Lafortune & Jesse Rothstein & Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach, 2016. "School Finance Reform and the Distribution of Student Achievement," NBER Working Papers 22011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Item repec:spo:wpmain:info:hdl:2441/37ufknmfv39tppkbjb4dmidnqe is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Beblavý, Miroslav & Fabo, Brian & Lenaerts, Karolien, 2016. "The Importance of Foreign Language Skills in the Labour Markets of Central and Eastern Europe: An assessment based on data from online job portals," CEPS Papers 11264, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- John Knight & Deng Quheng & Li Shi, 2016. "China’s Expansion of Higher Education: the Labour Market Consequences of a Supply Shock," CSAE Working Paper Series 2016-04, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Peter Hinrichs, 2015. "An Empirical Analysis of Racial Segregation in Higher Education," NBER Working Papers 21831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Argaw, Bethlehem A., 2016. "Quasi-experimental evidence on the effects of mother tongue-based education on reading skills and early labour market outcomes," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-016, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Fabo, Brian & Beblavý, Miroslav, 2015. "Are student workers a threat or a solution?," CEPS Papers 10812, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Accolley, Delali, 2015. "Altruistic Overlapping Generations of Households and the Contribution of Human Capital to Economic Growth," MPRA Paper 69972, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bertrand Mocquet, 2014.
"Organizational strategies. Develop the uses of digital technology in the university: the case of the University of Perpignan
[Stratégies Organisationnelles - Développer les usages du numérique à l'," Post-Print hal-01280368, HAL.
- Hugh Macartney & Robert McMillan & Uros Petronijevic, 2015. "Incentive Design in Education: An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 21835, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre Azoulay & Ina Ganguli & Joshua S. Graff Zivin, 2016. "The Mobility of Elite Life Scientists: Professional and Personal Determinants," NBER Working Papers 21995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.