Regional Economies of Scale in Transportation and Regional Welfare
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David L. Hummels & Georg Schaur, 2013. "Time as a Trade Barrier," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(7), pages 2935-2959, December.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Ernesto Stein, 1998.
"The Welfare Implications of Trading Blocs among Countries with Different Endowments,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 121-152,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Ernesto Stein, 1996. "The Welfare Implications of Trading Blocs among Countries with Different Endowments," NBER Working Papers 5472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Stein, Ernesto H., 2011. "The Welfare Implications of Trading Blocs among Countries with Different Endowments," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6210, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Casas, Fran?ois R. & Choi, E. Kwan, 1990. "Transport Innovation and Welfare Under Variable Returns to Scale," Staff General Research Papers Archive 278, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jacek Cukrowski & Manfred M. Fischer, 2000. "Theory of Comparative Advantage: Do Transportation Costs Matter?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 311-322, May.
- Didier Laussel & Raymond Riezman, 2006. "Fixed Transport Costs and International Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 1764, CESifo.
- Mori, Tomoya & Nishikimi, Koji, 2002. "Economies of transport density and industrial agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 167-200, March.
- Hummels, David, 2001. "Time As A Trade Barrier," Working papers 28701, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Behrens, Kristian & Picard, Pierre M., 2011.
"Transportation, freight rates, and economic geography,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 280-291.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & PICARD, Pierre M., 2008. "Transportation, freight rates, and economic geography," CORE Discussion Papers 2008040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens & Pierre M. Picard, 2011. "Transportation, freight rates, and economic geography," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-02, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Rancourt, Marie-Ève & Bellavance, François & Goentzel, Jarrod, 2014. "Market analysis and transportation procurement for food aid in Ethiopia," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 198-219.
- Fabien Candau & Florent Deisting & Julie Schlick, 2017.
"How Income and Crowding Effects Influence the World Market for French Wines,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(5), pages 963-977, May.
- Fabien Candau & Florent Deisting & Julie Schlick, 2016. "How Income and Crowding Effects influence the World Market for French Wines," Working Papers hal-01847938, HAL.
- Fabien CANDAU & Florent DEISTING & Julie SCHLICK, 2016. "How Income and Crowding Effects influence the World Market for French Wines," Working Papers 2015-2016_8, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Mar 2016.
- Fabien Candau & Florent Deisting & Julie Schlick, 2017. "How Income and Crowding Effects Influence the World Market for French Wines," Post-Print hal-01844373, HAL.
- Joern Kleinert & Julia Spies, 2011. "Endogenous Transport Costs in International Trade," IAW Discussion Papers 74, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Hummels, David & Lugovskyy, Volodymyr & Skiba, Alexandre, 2009.
"The trade reducing effects of market power in international shipping,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 84-97, May.
- David Hummels & Volodymyr Lugovskyy & Alexandre Skiba, 2007. "The Trade Reducing Effects of Market Power in International Shipping," NBER Working Papers 12914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asturias, Jose, 2020. "Endogenous transportation costs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 123(C).
More about this item
Keywordsregional economies of scale; transportation costs; preferential trade agreements; regional welfare;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2007-11-24 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INT-2007-11-24 (International Trade)
- NEP-URE-2007-11-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kan:wpaper:200705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Professor Zongwu Cai). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuksus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.