The Bank-Sovereign Loop and Financial Stability in the Euro Area
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ashoka Mody & Damiano Sandri, 2012. "The eurozone crisis: how banks and sovereigns came to be joined at the hip [‘A pyrrhic victory? Bank bailouts and sovereign credit risk’]," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 27(70), pages 199-230.
- Honohan,Patrick & Laeven,Luc (ed.), 2012. "Systemic Financial Crises," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107407206, October.
- Luc Laeven, 2011. "Banking Crises: A Review," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 17-40, December.
- Riccardo Lisa & Stefano Zedda & Francesco Vallascas & Francesca Campolongo & Massimo Marchesi, 2011. "Modelling Deposit Insurance Scheme Losses in a Basel 2 Framework," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 123-141, December.
- Mr. Luc Laeven & Mr. Fabian Valencia, 2012. "Systemic Banking Crises Database: An Update," IMF Working Papers 2012/163, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuliana, Raffaele, 2022. "Fluctuating bail-in expectations and effects on market discipline, risk-taking and cost of capital," ESRB Working Paper Series 133, European Systemic Risk Board.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- zhang, zhichao & Xie, Li & lu, xiangyun & zhang, zhuang, 2014. "Determinants of financial distress in u.s. large bank holding companies," MPRA Paper 53545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benoît Carmichael & Jean Armand Gnagne & Kevin Moran, 2015.
"Securities Transactions Taxes and Financial Crises,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Benoît Carmichael & Jean Armand Gnagne & Kevin Moran, 2015. "Securities Transactions Taxes and Financial Crises," CIRANO Working Papers 2015s-23, CIRANO.
- Benoît Carmichael & Jean Armand Gnagne & Kevin Moran, 2015. "Securities Transactions Taxes and Financial Crises," Cahiers de recherche 1506, Centre de recherche sur les risques, les enjeux économiques, et les politiques publiques.
- Francesco Marchionne & Alberto Zazzaro, 2018.
"Risk and competitiveness in the Italian banking sector,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(1), pages 271-280.
- Francesco Marchionne & Alberto Zazzaro, 2018. "Risk and competitiveness in the Italian banking sector," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 147, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Andrea Eross & Andrew Urquhart & Simon Wolfe, 2019. "Investigating risk contagion initiated by endogenous liquidity shocks: evidence from the US and eurozone interbank markets," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 35-53, January.
- Judith Eidenberger & David Liebeg & Stefan W. Schmitz & Reinhardt Seliger & Michael Sigmund & Katharina Steiner & Peter Strobl & Eva Ubl, 2014. "Macroprudential Supervision: A Key Lesson from the Financial Crisis," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 27, pages 83-94.
- Levine, Ross & Lin, Chen & Xie, Wensi, 2018.
"Corporate Resilience to Banking Crises: The Roles of Trust and Trade Credit,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 1441-1477, August.
- Ross Levine & Chen Lin & Wensi Xie, 2016. "Corporate Resilience to Banking Crises: The Roles of Trust and Trade Credit," NBER Working Papers 22153, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gruber, Alexander & Kogler, Michael, 2016. "Banks and Sovereigns: A Model of Mutual Contagion," Economics Working Paper Series 1614, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Dimitrios Anastasiou & Zacharias Bragoudakis & Ioannis Malandrakis, 2019. "Non-performing loans, governance indicators and systemic liquidity risk: evidence from Greece," Working Papers 260, Bank of Greece.
- Fischer, Andreas M. & Groeger, Henrike & Sauré, Philip & Yeşin, Pınar, 2019.
"Current account adjustment and retained earnings,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 246-259.
- Fischer, Andreas M & Groeger, Henrike & Saure, Philip & Yesin, Pinar, 2018. "Current account adjustment and retained earnings," CEPR Discussion Papers 13142, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andreas M. Fischer & Henrike Groeger & Philip Sauré & Pinar Yesin, 2018. "Current account adjustment and retained earnings," Working Papers 1809, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz.
- Andreas M. Fischer & Henrike Groeger & Philip U. Sauré & Pinar Yesin, 2018. "Current account adjustment and retained earnings," Working Papers 2018-12, Swiss National Bank.
- Andreas M. Fischer & Henrike Groeger & Philip Saure & Pinar Yesin, 2018. "Current Account Adjustment and Retained Earnings," Globalization Institute Working Papers 345, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Babecký, Jan & Havránek, Tomáš & Matějů, Jakub & Rusnák, Marek & Šmídková, Kateřina & Vašíček, Bořek, 2014.
"Banking, debt, and currency crises in developed countries: Stylized facts and early warning indicators,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 1-17.
- Jan Babecký & Tomáš Havránek & Jakub Mateju & Marek Rusnák & Katerina Šmídková & Borek Vašícek, 2012. "Banking, Debt, and Currency Crises: Early Warning Indicators for Developed Countries," Working Papers IES 2012/20, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2012.
- Šmídková, Kateřina & Babecký, Jan & Havránek, Tomáš & Matĕjů, Jakub & Rusnák, Marek & Vašíček, Bořek, 2012. "Banking, debt and currency crises: early warning indicators for developed countries," Working Paper Series 1485, European Central Bank.
- Bordo, M.D. & Meissner, C.M., 2016. "Fiscal and Financial Crises," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & Harald Uhlig (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 355-412, Elsevier.
- Tomas Kahoun, 2019. "Minimum requirement for own funds and eligible liabilities (MREL): General approach of the Czech National Bank," Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes,, Czech National Bank.
- Campbell, Gareth & Coyle, Christopher & Turner, John D., 2016. "This time is different: Causes and consequences of British banking instability over the long run," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 74-94.
- Fendel Ralf & Stremmel Hanno, 2016. "Characteristics of Banking Crises: A Comparative Study with Geographical Contagion," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 236(3), pages 349-388, May.
- Eichler, Stefan, 2015. "How Do Political Factors Shape the Bank Risk-Sovereign Risk Nexus in Emerging Markets?," VfS Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112877, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Iacovone, Leonardo & Ferro, Esteban & Pereira-López, Mariana & Zavacka, Veronika, 2019.
"Banking crises and exports: Lessons from the past,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 192-204.
- Iacovone, Leonardo & Zavacka, Veronika, 2009. "Banking crises and exports : lessons from the past," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5016, The World Bank.
- Lo Turco, Alessia & Maggioni, Daniela & Zazzaro, Alberto, 2019.
"Financial dependence and growth: The role of input-output linkages,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 308-328.
- Alessia Lo Turco & Daniela Maggioni & Alberto Zazzaro, 2018. "Financial Dependence and Growth: the Role of Input-Output Linkages," CSEF Working Papers 516, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Guarin, Alexander & Lozano, Ignacio, 2017. "Credit funding and banking fragility: A forecasting model for emerging economies," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 168-189.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Williams, Jonathan, 2013. "The random parameters stochastic frontier cost function and the effectiveness of public policy: Evidence from bank restructuring in Mexico," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 98-108.
- Kleimeier - Ros, Stefanie & Qi, Shusen & Sander, H., 2016. "Deposit Insurance in Times of Crises: Safe Haven or Regulatory Arbitrage? (RM/15/026-revised-)," Research Memorandum 026, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
More about this item
KeywordsCredit Risk; Banks; Sovereign; Financial Stability; ESM; Direct Recapitalisation;
All these keywords.
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- H81 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Loans; Loan Guarantees; Credits; Grants; Bailouts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrs:wpaper:201910. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eejrcit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Benczur (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eejrcit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.