Envy and Altruism in Children
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Houser, Daniel & Schunk, Daniel, 2009. "Social environments with competitive pressure: Gender effects in the decisions of German schoolchildren," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 634-641, August.
- Dahlman, Sandra & Ljungqvist, Pontus & Johannesson, Magnus, 2007. "Reciprocity in young children," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 674, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Charness, Gary & Grosskopf, Brit, 2001.
"Relative payoffs and happiness: an experimental study,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 301-328, July.
- Gary Charness & Brit Grosskopf, 1999. "Relative payoffs and happiness: An experimental study," Economics Working Papers 436, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2000.
- Charness, Gary B & Grosskopf, Brit, 2000. "Relative Payoffs And Happiness: An Experimental Study," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt8389x8z2, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Brit Grosskopf, 2000. "Relative Payoffs and Happiness: An Experimental Study," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1263, Econometric Society.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2001:i:63-64:p:04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel J. Zizzo & Andrew J. Oswald, 2001.
"Are People Willing to Pay to Reduce Others'Incomes?,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 63-64, pages 39-65.
- Zizzo, D.J. & Oswald, A., 2000. "Are People Willing to Pay to Reduce Others' Incomes?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 568, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Are we born altruistic?
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2010-10-27 20:40:00
- Rousseau takes another battering
by Nicholas Gruen in Club Troppo on 2010-10-05 04:38:40
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirsten Häger & Bastiaan Oud & Daniel Schunk, 2012. "Egalitarian Envy: Cross-cultural Variation in the Development of Envy in Children," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-059, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
More about this item
Keywordsartefactual field experiment; children; envy; altruism;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- C99 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-10-02 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2010-10-02 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2010-10-02 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2010-10-02 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2010-063. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .