Is Temporary Agency Employment a Stepping Stone for Immigrants?
We investigate whether agency employment is a bridge into regular employment for immigrants to Denmark using the timing-of-events approach. We provide evidence of large positive in-treatment effects, particularly for non-western immigrants and immigrants arriving during childhood. Post-treatment effects are fairly high for male non-western immigrants and immigrants from Eastern Europe.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2012|
|Publication status:||published in: Economics Letters, 2013, 118 (1), 225-228|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
|Order Information:|| Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jaap H. Abbring & Gerard J. van den Berg, 2003. "The Nonparametric Identification of Treatment Effects in Duration Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1491-1517, 09.
- Zijl, Marloes & van den Berg, Gerard J & Heyma, Arjan, 2004.
"Stepping-stones for the unemployed: The effect of temporary jobs on the duration until regular work,"
Working Paper Series
2004:19, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Marloes de Graaf-Zijl & Gerard van den Berg & Arjan Heyma, 2011. "Stepping stones for the unemployed: the effect of temporary jobs on the duration until (regular) work," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 107-139, January.
- Zijl, Marloes & van den Berg, Gerard J. & Heyma, Arjan, 4/08. "Stepping Stones for the Unemployed: The Effect of Temporary Jobs on the Duration until Regular Work," IZA Discussion Papers 1241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jahn, Elke J. & Rosholm, Michael, 2010.
"Looking Beyond the Bridge: How Temporary Agency Employment Affects Labor Market Outcomes,"
10-6, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Jahn, Elke J. & Rosholm, Michael, 2010. "Looking beyond the bridge: How temporary agency employment affects labor market outcomes," IAB Discussion Paper 201009, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Jahn, Elke J. & Rosholm, Michael, 2010. "Looking Beyond the Bridge: How Temporary Agency Employment Affects Labor Market Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 4973, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David H. Autor, 2009. "Studies of Labor Market Intermediation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number auto07-1, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.