Does Human Capital Endowment of FDI Recipient Countries Really Matter? Evidence from Cross-Country Firm Level Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sumon Bhaumik & Ralitza Dimova, 2012. "Does human capital endowment of FDI recipient countries really matter? Evidence from cross-country firm level data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1030, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Jeffrey Hammer & Michael Kremer & Karthik Muralidharan & F. Halsey Rogers, 2006. "Missing in Action: Teacher and Health Worker Absence in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 91-116, Winter.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Ralitza Dimova, 2014.
"Good and bad institutions: is the debate over? Cross-country firm-level evidence from the textile industry,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 109-126.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Dimova, Ralitza, 2011. "Good and Bad Institutions: Is the Debate Over? Cross-Country Firm-Level Evidence from the Textile Industry," IZA Discussion Papers 5471, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Noorbakhsh, Farhad & Paloni, Alberto & Youssef, Ali, 2001. "Human Capital and FDI Inflows to Developing Countries: New Empirical Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1593-1610, September.
- S. K. Bhaumik & S. Gangopadhyay & S. Krishnan, 2008. "Policy, economic federalism, and product market entry: the Indian experience," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 1-30.
- Margono, Heru & Sharma, Subhash C., 2006. "Efficiency and productivity analyses of Indonesian manufacturing industries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 979-995, December.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
More about this item
Keywordsmultinational enterprises; human capital; training; firm-level efficiency;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2012-03-21 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-INT-2012-03-21 (International Trade)
- NEP-LAB-2012-03-21 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .