How Opportunity Costs Decrease the Probability of War in an Incomplete Information Game
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Polachek, Solomon & Xiang, Jun, 2010. "How Opportunity Costs Decrease the Probability of War in an Incomplete Information Game," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 64(01), pages 133-144, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Katherine Barbieri, 1996. "Economic Interdependence: A Path to Peace or a Source of Interstate Conflict?," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 33(1), pages 29-49, February.
- Solomon William Polachek, 1980. "Conflict and Trade," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 24(1), pages 55-78, March.
- Philippe Martin & Thierry Mayer & Mathias Thoenig, 2008.
"Make Trade Not War?,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 75(3), pages 865-900.
- Martin, Philippe & Mayer, Thierry & Thoenig, Mathias, 2005. "Make Trade not War?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5218, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Martin & Thierry Mayer & Mathias Thoenig, 2008. "Make Trade not War?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00293018, HAL.
- Martin, Philippe & Mayer, Thierry & Thoenig, Mathias, 2005. "Make trade not war ?," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 0515, CEPREMAP.
- John R. Oneal & Bruce Russett, 1999. "Assessing the Liberal Peace with Alternative Specifications: Trade Still Reduces Conflict," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 36(4), pages 423-442, July.
- James D. Morrow, 1999. "How Could Trade Affect Conflict?," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 36(4), pages 481-489, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Polachek Solomon W, 2011. "Current Research and Future Directions in Peace Economics: Trade Gone Awry," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-14, January.
- Geesche M. Merkle & Rico Ihle & Yael Kachel & Ulf Liebe, 2013. "Economic cooperation despite of political conflict: Israeli traders’ perception of Israeli-Palestinian food trade," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 151, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Polachek Solomon W & Xiang Jun, 2010. "Opportunity Costs and the Probability of War in an Incomplete Information Game (With Comments by Lloyd Jeff Dumas)," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 1-6, June.
- Xiang Jun & Primiano Christopher B. & Huang Wei-hao, 2015. "Aggressive or Peaceful Rise? An Empirical Assessment of China’s Militarized Conflict, 1979–2010," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 21(3), pages 301-325, August.
More about this item
Keywordswar; trade; trade-conflict relationship; interdependence; conflict; incomplete information game; signaling;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3883. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .