A New Model of Wage Determination and Wage Inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boyes, William J & Happel, Stephen K, 1989. "Auctions as an Allocation Mechanism in Academia: The Case of Faculty Offices," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 37-40, Summer.
- Guillermina Jasso & Samuel Kotz, 2007.
"A new continuous distribution and two new families of distributions based on the exponential,"
Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 61(3), pages 305-328.
- Jasso, Guillermina & Kotz, Samuel, 2007. "A New Continuous Distribution and Two New Families of Distributions Based on the Exponential," IZA Discussion Papers 2598, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- E. Roy Weintraub, 1992. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 24(5), pages 3-12, Supplemen.
- Chipman, John S & Moore, James C, 1980. "Real National Income with Homothetic Preferences and a Fixed Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 401-422, March.
More about this item
Keywordsshifted mirror-exponential distribution; shifted general Erlang distribution; wage-setter; power; consensus; independence of mind; dissent; form of government; probability distributions; shifted exponential distribution; Gini coefficient;
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-12-07 (Business Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2008-12-07 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3850. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .