Job Market Outcomes of IDPs: The Case of Georgia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Karine Torosyan & Norberto Pignatti & Maksym Obrizan, 2018. "Job market outcomes of IDPs: the case of Georgia," Working Papers 002-18 JEL Codes: D74, J2, International School of Economics at TSU, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.
- Karine Torosyan & Norberto Pignatti & Maksym Obrizan, 2018. "Job market outcomes of IDPs: the case of Georgia," Working Papers 2018-011, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
References listed on IDEAS
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2015. "The Labor Market Impacts of Forced Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 581-586, May.
- Valentina Calderón & Ana María Ibáñez, 2005.
"Labor Market Effects of Migration-Related Supply Shocks: Evidence from Internally Displaced Populations in Colombia,"
005851, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Valentina Calderón & Ana María Ibáñez, 2009. "Labor Market Effects of Migration-Related Supply Shocks: Evidence from Internally Displaced Populations in Colombia," HiCN Working Papers 69, Households in Conflict Network.
- Valentina Calderón & Ana María Ibáñez, 2009. "Labor Market Effects of Migration-Related Supply Shocks: Evidence from Internally Displaced Populations in Colombia," Research Working Papers 14, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Engel, Stefanie & Ibanez, Ana Maria, 2007.
"Displacement Due to Violence in Colombia: A Household-Level Analysis,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 335-365, January.
- Stefanie Engel & Ana MarÃa IbÃ¡Ã±ez, 2007. "Displacement Due to Violence in Colombia: A Household-Level Analysis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 335-365.
- Andrew E. Clark, 2006.
"A Note on Unhappiness and Unemployment Duration,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 52(4), pages 291-308.
- Andrew E. Clark, 2006. "A note on unhappiness and unemployment duration," Working Papers halshs-00590444, HAL.
- Clark, Andrew E., 2006. "A Note on Unhappiness and Unemployment Duration," IZA Discussion Papers 2406, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark, 2006. "A note on unhappiness and unemployment duration," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590444, HAL.
- SonjaC. Kassenboehmer & JohnP. Haisken-DeNew, 2009. "You're Fired! The Causal Negative Effect of Entry Unemployment on Life Satisfaction," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(536), pages 448-462, March.
- Mari Rege & Kjetil Telle & Mark Votruba, 2011.
"Parental Job Loss and Children's School Performance,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 78(4), pages 1462-1489.
- Mari Rege & Kjetil Telle & Mark Votruba, 2007. "Parental Job Loss and Children's School Performance," Discussion Papers 517, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Jahoda,Marie, 1982. "Employment and Unemployment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521285865, March.
- Michael Kind & John P. Haisken-DeNew, 2012. "Unexpected Victims: How Parents' Unemployment Affects Their Children's Life Satisfaction," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2012n02, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Theodore Gerber & Karine Torosyan, 2013. "Remittances in the Republic of Georgia: Correlates, Economic Impact, and Social Capital Formation," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1279-1301, August.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Kondylis, Florence, 2010. "Conflict displacement and labor market outcomes in post-war Bosnia and Herzegovina," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 235-248, November.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2013. "The Economics of Forced Migration," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(6), pages 772-784, June.
- Jennifer Alix-Garcia & Anne Bartlett, 2015. "Occupations under fire: the labour market in a complex emergency," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(3), pages 687-714.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maksym Obrizan, 2019. "Violent conflict and unhappiness: evidence from the 2016 â€˜Life in Transition' III surve," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(1), pages 192-199.
- Maksym Obrizan & Karine Torosyan & Norberto Pignatti, 2018. "Tobacco spending in Georgia: Machine learning approach," Working Papers 3184, Research Consulting and Development.
More about this item
Keywordsconflict; internally displaced people; IDPs; labor market outcomes; transition countries;
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- P23 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Factor and Product Markets; Industry Studies; Population
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LMA-2018-02-26 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2018-02-26 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2018-02-26 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2018-02-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp11301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.