Performance and Risk Taking under Threat of Elimination
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christos Genakos & Mario Pagliero, 2012.
"Interim Rank, Risk Taking, and Performance in Dynamic Tournaments,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(4), pages 782-813.
- Christos Genakos & Mario Pagliero, 2009. "Interim Rank, Risk Taking and Performance in Dynamic Tournaments," CEP Discussion Papers dp0928, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Christos Genakos & Mario Pagliero, 2011. "Interim Rank, Risk Taking and Performance in Dynamic Tournaments," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 196, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:506-523 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose M. Garcia & E. Frank Stephenson, 2015. "Does Stableford Scoring Incentivize More Aggressive Golf?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 16(6), pages 647-663, August.
- Orszag, Jonathan M., 1994. "A new look at incentive effects and golf tournaments," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 77-88, September.
- Mueller-Langer, Frank & Andreoli-Versbach, Patrick, 2013. "Leading-effect vs. Risk-taking in Dynamic Tournaments: Evidence from a Real-life Randomized Experiment," Discussion Papers in Economics 15452, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordstournament; contract; risk; sports;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-03 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10977. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .