Performance and Risk Taking under Threat of Elimination
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christos Genakos & Mario Pagliero, 2012.
"Interim Rank, Risk Taking, and Performance in Dynamic Tournaments,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(4), pages 782-813.
- Christos Genakos & Mario Pagliero, 2009. "Interim Rank, Risk Taking and Performance in Dynamic Tournaments," CEP Discussion Papers dp0928, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Christos Genakos & Mario Pagliero, 2011. "Interim Rank, Risk Taking and Performance in Dynamic Tournaments," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 196, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:506-523 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose M. Garcia & E. Frank Stephenson, 2015. "Does Stableford Scoring Incentivize More Aggressive Golf?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 16(6), pages 647-663, August.
- Orszag, Jonathan M., 1994. "A new look at incentive effects and golf tournaments," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 77-88, September.
- Mueller-Langer, Frank & Andreoli-Versbach, Patrick, 2013. "Leading-effect vs. Risk-taking in Dynamic Tournaments: Evidence from a Real-life Randomized Experiment," Discussion Papers in Economics 15452, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordstournament; contract; risk; sports;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-03 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10977. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.