Gender Stereotyping and Self-Stereotyping Attitudes: A Large Field Study of Managers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Janssen & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2016.
"Occupational Stereotypes and Gender-Specific Job Satisfaction,"
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 71-91, January.
- Simon Janssen & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2009. "Occupational Stereotypes And Gender-Specific Job Satisfaction," Working Papers 0107, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised Sep 2014.
- Claudia Goldin, 2014. "A Grand Gender Convergence: Its Last Chapter," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(4), pages 1091-1119, April.
- Jurjen J. A. Kamphorst & Otto H. Swank, 2016. "Don't Demotivate, Discriminate," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 140-165, February.
More about this item
Keywordsglass ceiling effects; gender; self-stereotypes; stereotypes; managerial labor markets;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEN-2017-09-03 (Gender)
- NEP-HME-2017-09-03 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HRM-2017-09-03 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2017-09-03 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2017-09-03 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10932. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .