Condorcet Choice Functions And Maximal Elements
Choice functions on tournaments always select the maximal element (Condorcet winner), provided they exist, but this property does not hold in the more general case of weak tournaments. In this paper we analyze the relationship between the usual choice functions and the set of maximal elements in weak tournaments. We introduce choice functions selecting maximal elements, whenever they exist. Moreover, we compare these choice functions with those that already exist in the literature.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2003|
|Publication status:||Published by Ivie|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Guardia Civil, 22, Esc 2a, 1o, E-46020 VALENCIA|
Phone: +34 96 319 00 50
Fax: +34 96 319 00 55
Web page: http://www.ivie.es/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laffond G. & Laslier, J. F. & Le Breton, M., 1996.
"Condorcet choice correspondences: A set-theoretical comparison,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 59-59, February.
- Laffond, Gilbert & Laslier, Jean Francois & Le Breton, Michel, 1995. "Condorcet choice correspondences: A set-theoretical comparison," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 23-35, August.
- B. Dutta & J-F. Laslier, 1998.
"Comparison functions and choice correspondences,"
THEMA Working Papers
98-12, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Peris, Josep E. & Subiza, Begona, 1994.
"Maximal elements of not necessarily acyclic binary relations,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 385-388, April.
- Josep Enric Peris Ferrando & Begoña Subiza Martínez, 1992. "Maximal elements of non necessarily acyclic binary relations," Working Papers. Serie AD 1992-07, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Josep Enric Peris Ferrando & Begoña Subiza Martínez, 1997.
"Condorcet choice correspondences for weak tournaments,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1997-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Josep E. Peris & BegoÓa Subiza, 1999. "Condorcet choice correspondences for weak tournaments," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 16(2), pages 217-231.
- Dutta, Bhaskar, 1988. "Covering sets and a new condorcet choice correspondence," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 63-80, February.
- Laffond G. & Laslier J. F. & Le Breton M., 1993. "The Bipartisan Set of a Tournament Game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 182-201, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:2003-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.