Social Choice and Electoral Competition in the General Spatial Model
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Economic Theory, vol.�126, n°1, janvier 2006, p.�194-234.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +33 (0)5 61 12 85 89
Fax: + 33 (0)5 61 12 86 37
Web page: http://www.idei.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1978. "Intermediate Preferences and the Majority Rule," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 317-30, March.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Jean-Francois Laslier, 1999.
"Comparison functions and choice correspondences,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 513-532.
- Jeffrey S. Banks & John Duggan & Michel LeBreton, .
"Bounds for Mixed Strategy Equilibria and the Spatial Model of Elections,"
Wallis Working Papers
WP14, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Banks, Jeffrey S. & Duggan, John & Le Breton, Michel, 2002. "Bounds for Mixed Strategy Equilibria and the Spatial Model of Elections," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 88-105, March.
- Hartley, Richard & Kilgour, D. Marc, 1987. "The geometry of the uncovered set in the three-voter spatial model," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 175-183, October.
- Michel Le Breton & John Duggan, 2001. "Mixed refinements of Shapley's saddles and weak tournaments," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 65-78.
- Josep Enric Peris Ferrando & Begoña Subiza Martínez, 1997.
"Condorcet choice correspondences for weak tournaments,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1997-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Josep E. Peris & BegoÓa Subiza, 1999. "Condorcet choice correspondences for weak tournaments," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 217-231.
- McKelvey, Richard D., 1976. "Intransitivities in multidimensional voting models and some implications for agenda control," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 472-482, June.
- Laffond G. & Laslier J. F. & Le Breton M., 1993. "The Bipartisan Set of a Tournament Game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 182-201, January.
- Donald G. Saari, 1997. "The generic existence of a core for q -rules (*)," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 219-260.
- Schofield, Norman, 1983. "Generic Instability of Majority Rule," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 695-705, October.
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1979. "A Note about the "Nowhere Denseness" of Societies Having an Equilibrium under Majority Rule," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 511-14, March.
- Banks, Jeffrey S., 1995. "Singularity theory and core existence in the spatial model," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 523-536.
- Tovey, C.A., 1992. "The Almost Surely Shrinking Yolk," Papers 161, Washington St. Louis - School of Business and Political Economy.
- Davis, Otto A & DeGroot, Morris H & Hinich, Melvin J, 1972. "Social Preference Orderings and Majority Rule," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(1), pages 147-57, January.
- Kirman, Alan P. & Sondermann, Dieter, 1972. "Arrow's theorem, many agents, and invisible dictators," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 267-277, October.
- Andrei Gomberg & César Martinelli & Ricard Torres, 2005.
"Anonymity in large societies,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 187-205, October.
- McKelvey, Richard D, 1979. "General Conditions for Global Intransitivities in Formal Voting Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1085-1112, September.
- Scott Feld & Bernard Grofman & Nicholas Miller, 1988. "Centripetal forces in spatial voting: On the size of the Yolk," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 59(1), pages 37-50, October.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1977. "On the Continuous Representation of Preorders," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 509-13, June.
- Armstrong, Thomas E., 1980. "Arrow's theorem with restricted coalition algebras," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 55-75, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ide:wpaper:587. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.