Block Bootstrap Consistency Under Weak Assumptions
This paper weakens the size and moment conditions needed for typical block bootstrap methods (i.e. the moving blocks, circular blocks, and stationary bootstraps) to be valid for the sample mean of Near-Epoch-Dependent functions of mixing processes; they are consistent under the weakest conditions that ensure the original process obeys a Central Limit Theorem (those of de Jong, 1997, Econometric Theory). In doing so, this paper extends de Jong's method of proof, a blocking argument, to hold with random and unequal block lengths. This paper also proves that bootstrapped partial sums satisfy a Functional CLT under the same conditions.
|Date of creation:||06 Oct 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070|
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Jong, Robert M., 1997. "Central Limit Theorems for Dependent Heterogeneous Random Variables," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 353-367, June.
- Gon alves, S lvia & White, Halbert, 2002.
"The Bootstrap Of The Mean For Dependent Heterogeneous Arrays,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(06), pages 1367-1384, December.
- Sílvia Gonçalves & Halbert White, 2001. "The Bootstrap of the Mean for Dependent Heterogeneous Arrays," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-19, CIRANO.
- Davidson, James, 1993. "An L1-convergence theorem for heterogeneous mixingale arrays with trending moments," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 301-304, March.
- Davidson, James, 1992. "A Central Limit Theorem for Globally Nonstationary Near-Epoch Dependent Functions of Mixing Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 313-329, September.
- Goncalves, Silvia & de Jong, Robert, 2003. "Consistency of the stationary bootstrap under weak moment conditions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 273-278, November.
- Davidson, James & de Jong, Robert M., 2000.
"The Functional Central Limit Theorem And Weak Convergence To Stochastic Integrals Ii,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(05), pages 643-666, October.
- de Jong, Robert M. & Davidson, James, 2000. "The Functional Central Limit Theorem And Weak Convergence To Stochastic Integrals I," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(05), pages 621-642, October.
- Davidson, James, 1994. "Stochastic Limit Theory: An Introduction for Econometricians," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774037.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:34313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.