Value of Weather Information in Market Equilibrium (The)
Examines how the value of weather information is changed with improvements in the accuracy of forecasts when farmers act noncooperatively. Description of a stylized model of competitive production with rational expectations; Effects of increase in forecast accuracy; Changes in the value of information; Changes in input use; Changes in expected supply.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 1990|
|Publication status:||Published in American Journal of Agricultural Economics, January 1990, vol. 72 no. 1, pp. 63-72|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070|
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
- Alberto Chong & Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero, 2005.
"Does Privatization Deliver? Access to Telephone Services and Household Income in Poor Rural Areas Using a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Peru,"
Research Department Publications
4417, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero & Alberto E. Chong, 2005. "Does Privatization Deliver?: Access to Telephone Services and Household Income in Poor Rural Areas Using a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Peru," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1935, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. S. J., 1999. "The effect of the use of improved climate forecasts on variable costs, input usage, and production," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 213-225, June.
- Lybbert, Travis J. & Magnan, Nicholas & Gubler, W. Douglas, 2012. "Multi-Dimensional Responses to Risk Information: How do Winegrape Growers Respond to Disease Forecasts and to What Environmental Effect?," Working Papers 162521, Robert Mondavi Institute Center for Wine Economics.
- Poon, Kenneth & Weersink, Alfons & Deaton, Brady J., Jr., 2011. "Demand and Supply Analysis of Farm, Farmer and Farm Family Data," Working Papers 114094, Structure and Performance of Agriculture and Agri-products Industry (SPAA).
- Velandia, Margarita M. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Jenkins, Amanda & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Martin, Steven W., 2009. "Factors Influencing Selection of Information Sources by Cotton Producers Considering Adoption of Precision Agriculture Technologies," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49326, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Osgood, Daniel E., 2006. "Index Insurance, Production Practices, and Probabilistic Climate Forecasts," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21463, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alberto Chong & Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero, 2005. "¿Cumple la privatización lo que promete? El acceso a los servicios telefónicos y el ingreso familiar en zonas rurales pobres empleando un experimento cuasinatural en Perú," Research Department Publications 4418, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2002. "Agriculture and the environment," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1249-1313 Elsevier.
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2000. "Agriculture And The Environment," Working Papers 28567, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Lambert, David K., 2008. "The expected utility of genetic information in beef cattle production," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 44-52, December.
- Thompson, Nathanael M. & DeVuyst, Eric A. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Lusk, Jayson L., 2016. "Using Genetic Testing to Improve Fed Cattle Marketing Decisions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(2), May.
- Thompson, Nathanael M. & DeVuyst, Eric A. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Lusk, Jayson L., 2015. "Using Genetic Testing to Improve Fed Cattle Marketing Decisions," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204975, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Macauley, Molly, 2006. "Ascribing Societal Benefit to Environmental Observations of the Earth from Space: The Multi-angle Imaging Spectroradiometer (MISR)," Discussion Papers dp-06-09, Resources For the Future.
- Alexander E. Saak & David A. Hennessy, 2002. "Planting Decisions and Uncertain Consumer Acceptance of Genetically Modified Crop Varieties," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 308-319.
- Saak, Alexander E. & Hennessy, David A., 2001. "Planting Decisions And Uncertain Consumer Acceptance Of Genetically Modified Crop Varieties," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20581, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Saak, Alexander & Hennessy, David A., 2002. "Planting Decisions and Uncertain Consumer Acceptance of Genetically Modified Crop Varieties," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5026, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Macauley, Molly, 2005. "The Value of Information: A Background Paper on Measuring the Contribution of Space-Derived Earth Science Data to National Resource Management," Discussion Papers dp-05-26, Resources For the Future.
- Pluske, Johanna M. & Fraser, Rob W., 1995. "Can Producers Place Valid and Reliable Valuations on Wool Price-Risk Information?," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(02), August.
- Anbarci, Nejat & Boyd III, John & Floehr, Eric & Lee, Jungmin & Song, Joon Jin, 2011. "Population and income sensitivity of private and public weather forecasting," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 124-133, March.
- Thompson, Nathanael M. & DeVuyst, Eric A. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Lusk, Jayson L., 2014. "Value of Genetic Information for Management and Selection of Feedlot Cattle," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 39(1), April.
- L. Zirulia, 2015. "“Should I stay or should I go?”: Weather forecasts and the economics of “short breaks”," Working Papers wp1034, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:10592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed