Population and income sensitivity of private and public weather forecasting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kelvin Lancaster, 1990. "The Economics of Product Variety: A Survey," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 189-206.
- Bruce A. Babcock, 1990. "The Value of Weather Information in Market Equilibrium," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(1), pages 63-72.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2008.
"Heteroskedasticity-Robust Standard Errors for Fixed Effects Panel Data Regression,"
Econometric Society, vol. 76(1), pages 155-174, January.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2006. "Heteroskedasticity-Robust Standard Errors for Fixed Effects Panel Data Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sean D. Campbell & Francis X. Diebold, 2005.
"Weather Forecasting for Weather Derivatives,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 6-16, March.
- Sean D. Campbell & Francis X. Diebold, 2002. "Weather Forecasting for Weather Derivatives," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-42, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Campbell, Sean D. & Diebold, Francis X., 2004. "Weather forecasting for weather derivatives," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/10, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Sean D. Campbell & Francis X. Diebold, 2003. "Weather Forecasting for Weather Derivatives," NBER Working Papers 10141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roll, Richard, 1984. "Orange Juice and Weather," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 861-880, December.
- Babcock, Bruce A., 1990. "Value of Weather Information in Market Equilibrium (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10592, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mueser Peter R. & Graves Philip E., 1995. "Examining the Role of Economic Opportunity and Amenities in Explaining Population Redistribution," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 176-200, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- L. Zirulia, 2015. "“Should I stay or should I go?”: Weather forecasts and the economics of “short breaks”," Working Papers wp1034, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
More about this item
KeywordsWeather forecasting Forecast accuracy Public provider Private provider;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:41:y:2011:i:2:p:124-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.