The Trade-off Unemployment Rate/External Deficit: Assessing the Economic Adjustment Program of the Troika (European Commission, ECB and IMF) for Portugal using an Input-Output Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carneiro, Anabela & Portugal, Pedro & Varejão, José, 2014.
"Catastrophic job Destruction during the Portuguese Economic Crisis,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 444-457.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal & Jose Varejao, 2013. "Catastrophic job destruction during the Portuguese economic crisis," Special Conference Papers 24, Bank of Greece.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Daniel Leigh, 2013.
"Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 117-120, May.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Daniel Leigh, 2013. "Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers," NBER Working Papers 18779, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J Blanchard & Daniel Leigh, 2013. "Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers," IMF Working Papers 13/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Gros, Daniel & Alcidi, Cinzia & Belke, Ansgar & Coutinho, Leonor & Giovannini, Alessandro, 2014.
"State-of-play in implementing macroeconomic adjustment programmes in the euro area,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100407, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Gros, Daniel & Alcidi, Cinzia & Belke, Ansgar & Coutinho, Leonor & Giovannini, Alessandro, 2014. "State-of-Play in Implementing Macroeconomic Adjustment Programmes in the Euro Area," Ruhr Economic Papers 482, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Miguel Viegas & Ana Ribeiro, 2014. "The Economic Adjustment Program for Portugal: assessing welfare impact in a heterogeneous-agent framework," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 13(1), pages 53-70, April.
- Ansgar Belke & Daniel Gros & Alcidi Cinzia & Leonor Coutinho & Alessandro Giovannini, 2014. "Exit State-of-play in Implementing Macroeconomic Adjustment Programmes in the Euro Area," ROME Working Papers 201405, ROME Network.
- João Carlos Lopes, 2011. "High Employment Generating Industries in Portugal. An Input-Output Approach," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/24, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- João Ferreira do Amaral & João Carlos Lopes & João Dias, 2011.
"External dependency, value added generation and structural change: an inter-industry approach,"
Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra, issue 33, pages 06-19, June.
- João Ferreira do Amaral & João Carlos Lopes & João Dias, 2010. "External dependency, value added generation and structural change: an interindustry approach," Working Papers Department of Economics 2010/12, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- António Rua & Hugo Reis, 2006. "An input-output analysis: linkages vs leakages," Working Papers w200617, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Laurence Seidman, 2012. "Keynesian stimulus versus classical austerity," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 1(0), pages 77-92.
- George Soros, 2013. "Fallibility, reflexivity, and the human uncertainty principle," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 309-329, December.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2007. "Adjustment within the euro. The difficult case of Portugal," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 6(1), pages 1-21, April.
More about this item
KeywordsUnemployment; External deficit; Input-output analysis; Economic adjustment program; Troika; Portugal;
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:isegwp:wp042015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vitor Escaria). General contact details of provider: https://aquila1.iseg.ulisboa.pt/aquila/departamentos/EC .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.