Seven Myths about the Greek Debt Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin Hjortshøj O’Rourke, 2014.
"A Tale of Two Trilemmas,"
Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Louis Brennan (ed.), Enacting Globalization, chapter 26, pages 287-297,
- Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2011. "A Tale of Two Trilemmas," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp364, IIIS.
- Katsimi, Margarita & Moutos, Thomas, 2010. "EMU and the Greek crisis: The political-economy perspective," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 568-576, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 2015.
"Myths and Self-Deceptions about the Greek Debt Crisis,"
Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 125(6), pages 755-785.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 2015. "Myths and Self-Deceptions about the Greek Debt Crisis," Working Papers 141511, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Victor A. Beker, 2016. "The European Debt Crisis," Financial and Monetary Policy Studies, in: Modern Financial Crises, edition 127, chapter 0, pages 135-160, Springer.
- Muscatelli, Vito A. & Natale, Piergiovanna & Tirelli, Patrizio, 2012.
"A simple and flexible alternative to Stability and Growth Pact deficit ceilings. Is it at hand?,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 14-26.
- Anton Muscatelli & Piergiovanna Natale & Patrizio Tirelli, 2003. "A Simple and Flexible Alternative to the Stability and Growth Pact Deficit Ceilings. Is it at hand?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1006, CESifo.
- V. Anton Muscatelli & Piergiovanna Natale & Patrizio Tirelli, 2010. "A simple and flexible alternative to the Stability and Growth Pact deficit ceilings. Is it at hand?," Working Papers 195, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2010.
- Pitsoulis, Athanassios & Schwuchow, Soeren C., 2017.
"Holding out for a better deal: Brinkmanship in the Greek bailout negotiations,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 40-53.
- Pitsoulis, Athanassios & Schwuchow, Sören C., 2015. "Holding out for a better deal: Brinkmanship in the Greek bailout negotiations," MPRA Paper 67918, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Nov 2015.
- Luigi Bonatti & Andrea Fracasso, 2013. "Origins and prospects of the Euro existential crisis," DEM Discussion Papers 2013/03, Department of Economics and Management.
- Sebastian Dellepiane & Niamh Hardiman, 2012. "Fiscal Politics In Time: Pathways to Fiscal Consolidation, 1980-2012," Working Papers 201228, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Charles-Henri Dimaria & Chiara Peroni, 2012.
"Unit labor cost and productivity recovery under non neutral technical change,"
- Charles-Henri DI MARIA & Chiara PERONI, 2012. "Unit labor cost and productivity recovery under non neutral technical change," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1734, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Charles-Henri DI MARIA & Chiara PERONI, 2012.
"A new unit labour cost changes decomposition Four pillars of cost competitiveness recovery,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
179, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Charles-Henri Dimaria & Chiara Peronni, 2012. "A new unit labour cost changes decomposition Four pillars of cost competitiveness recovery," Working Papers halshs-00826324, HAL.
- Peroni, Chiara & DiMaria, Charles Henri, 2012. "A new unit labour cost changes decomposition Four pillars of cost competitiveness recovery," MPRA Paper 38670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Leriou, Eirini & Soklis, George, 2019.
"Dissecting the Input-Output Structure of the Greek Economy,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 72(4), pages 453-474.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Leriou, Eirini & Soklis, George, 2018. "Dissecting the Input-Output Structure of the Greek Economy," MPRA Paper 87578, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kasimati, Evangelia & Veraros, Nikolaos, 2013. "Should Greece adopt a dual-currency regime to resolve its economic crisis?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 588-600.
- Galiani, Sebastian & Torre, Ivan & Torrens, Gustavo, 2019. "International organizations and the political economy of reforms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C).
- Matthias Bauer & Martin Zenker, 2012. "Market Discipline Under A Politicised Multilateral Fiscal Rule - Lessons from the Stability and Growth Pact Debate," Global Financial Markets Working Paper Series 2012-35, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Barbier-Gauchard, Amélie & De Palma, Francesco & Diana, Giuseppe, 2014. "Why should Southern economies stay in the Euro Zone? The role of labor markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 201-208.
- Niklas Potrafke & Markus Reischmann, 2016. "How to Handle the Crisis in Greece? Empirical Evidence Based on a Survey of Economics Experts," CESifo Working Paper Series 5860, CESifo.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Kimiko Terai, 2013. "Fiscal restraints by advisors," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 205-232, August.
- Iordanis Eleftheriadis & Vasilios Vyttas, 2016. "Creating a culture of risk in the Greek public administration. A brief retrospect on the memorandum era," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), International Hellenic University (IHU), Kavala Campus, Greece (formerly Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology - EMaTTech), vol. 9(2), pages 65-71, June.
- Christos Kollias & Suzanna-Maria Paleologou & Andreas Stergiou, 2016. "Military expenditure in Greece: Security challenges and economic constraints," Economics of Peace and Security Journal, EPS Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 28-34, April.
- Chadi, Adrian, 2015.
"Concerns about the Euro and happiness in Germany during times of crisis,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 126-146.
- Adrian Chadi, 2015. "Concerns about the Euro and Happiness in Germany during Times of Crisis," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201503, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Jorge Rojas-Vallejos & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2021. "Differential Tariffs and Income Inequality in the United States: Some Evidence from the States," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Gupta, Priyanshi & Sehgal, Sanjay & Deisting, Florent, 2015. "Time-Varying Bond Market Integration in EMU," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 30(4), pages 708-760.
More about this item
KeywordsEurozone; Greece; debt; default;
All these keywords.
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- E65 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Studies of Particular Policy Episodes
- F50 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - General
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2011-11-07 (European Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irv:wpaper:111202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deucius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Melissa Valdez (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deucius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.