Return to devalued drachma, cost-push inflation and international competitiveness
This paper presents empirical estimates of the effects of a return to devalued drachma on the cost-inflation rate in the Greek economy. The results show moderate effects and the potential for substantial improvements in the balance of goods and services.
|Date of creation:||14 Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ian Steedman, 2000. "Income Distribution, Foreign Trade and the Value-Added Vector," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 221-230.
- Brewer, Anthony, 1985. "Trade with fixed real wages and mobile capital," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 177-186, February.
- Mariolis, Th., 2000. "The Division of Labour in European Monetary Union: Absolute Versus Comparative Advantage," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 79-90, January -.
- Mariolis, Theodore, 2006. "Distribution and Growth in a Multi-Sector Open Economy with Excess Capacity," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 59(1), pages 51-61.
- Morciano, Michele, 1984. "Price dynamics in an input-output model : An alternative approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 363-368.
- Theodore Mariolis, 2008. "Pure Joint Production, Income Distribution, Employment And The Exchange Rate," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 656-665, November.
- Metcalfe, J S & Steedman, Ian, 1981. "Some Long- Run Theory of Employment, Income Distribution and the Exchange Rate," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 49(1), pages 1-20, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.