Instituições e a Informalidade no Mercado de Trabalho
This paper aims to develop a model capable of reconciling some of the maininstitutional aspects relative to labor market informality. It is a two-sector, formaland informal, matching model that incorporates the main trade-offs faced by workersand firms when deciding in which sector they are going to enter. The model presentsan innovation that makes it more coherent with most stylized facts and recentempirical evidence. Policy simulation?s results show that the model can be used toanalyze the effects of several institutional changes over a great number of crucialvariables of the Brazilian labor market.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ipea.gov.br
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:58:n:2:a:5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fugazza, Marco & Jacques, Jean-Francois, 2004.
"Labor market institutions, taxation and the underground economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1-2), pages 395-418, January.
- Jacques, Jean-François & Fugazza, Marco, 2004. "Labor market institutions, taxation and the underground economy," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1888, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1993.
"Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0110, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mortensen, Dale T & Pissarides, Christopher A, 1994. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 397-415, July.
- Rauch, James E., 1991. "Modelling the informal sector formally," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 33-47, January.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 2001. "Good Jobs versus Bad Jobs," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Gustavo Gonzaga, 2003.
"Labor Turnover and Labor Legislation in Brazil,"
Textos para discussão
475, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipe:ipetds:1096. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabio Schiavinatto)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.