Mitigation of What and by What? Adaptation by Whom and for Whom? Dilemmas in Delivering for the Poor and the Vulnerable in International Climate Policy
Despite notable advances in the ?climate change-development? discourse and the rapid evolution of the climate-finance architecture, many of the fundamentally politicised issues that shape the existing dilemma on how to confront global climate change have been avoided or delayed. A largely market-driven response has not advanced an accountability-driven, long-term agenda, and competing interests continue to shape the discourse on adaptation and mitigation?thus influencing whose risk becomes predominant and whose impacts and losses are prioritised within and between states.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2011|
|Publication status:||Published by UNDP - International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth , February 2011, pages 1-51|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ipc-undp.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:feb:natura:0013 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zaman, Md Monowaruz, 2008. "Welfare dynamics based on a new concept of inefficient equilibrium," MPRA Paper 11303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bah, El-hadj M., 2007.
"Structural Transformation in Developed and Developing Countries,"
10655, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Sep 2008.
- Bah, El-hadj, 2009. "Structural Transformation in Developed and Developing Countries," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 42, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Oriana Bandiera & Iwan Barankay & Imran Rasul, 2005. "Cooperation in collective action," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 13(3), pages 473-498, 07.
- Orana Bandiera & Iwan Barankay & Imran Rasul, 2005. "Cooperation in collective action," Natural Field Experiments 00211, The Field Experiments Website.
- Robin Mearns & Andrew Norton, 2010. "Social Dimensions of Climate Change : Equity and Vulnerability in a Warming World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2689, September.
- Graff-Zivin, Joshua & Lipper, Leslie, 2008. "Poverty, risk, and the supply of soil carbon sequestration," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 353-373, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipc:wpaper:79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andre Lyra)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.