Corporate social responsibility in India - An Effort to bridge the welfare gap
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hess, David & Dunfee, Thomas W., 2007. "The Kasky-Nike Threat to Corporate Social Reporting: Implementing a Standard of Optimal Truthful Disclosure as a Solution," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 5-32, January.
- Kotchen Matthew & Moon Jon J., 2012.
"Corporate Social Responsibility for Irresponsibility,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-23, November.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Jon Jungbien Moon, 2011. "Corporate Social Responsibility for Irresponsibility," NBER Working Papers 17254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Besley, Timothy & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2007. "Retailing public goods: The economics of corporate social responsibility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(9), pages 1645-1663, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sudershan Kuntluru, 2019. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Firm Performance: Indian Evidence," Working papers 332, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
- Rania Beji & Ouidad Yousfi & Nadia Loukil & Abdelwahed Omri, 2021. "Board Diversity and Corporate Social Responsibility: Empirical Evidence from France," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 173(1), pages 133-155, September.
- P. Kavitha, 2019. "Trends and Patterns of Corporate Social Responsibility Expenditure: A Study of Manufacturing Firms in India," Working Papers id:12995, eSocialSciences.
- Sudershan Kuntluru, 2019. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Firm Performance: Indian Evidence," Working papers 317, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
- Kumar Ramesh & Raiswa Saha & Susoban Goswami & Sekar & Richa Dahiya, 2019. "Consumer's response to CSR activities: Mediating role of brand image and brand attitude," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 26(2), pages 377-387, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lily Hsueh, 2019. "Voluntary climate action and credible regulatory threat: evidence from the carbon disclosure project," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 188-225, December.
- Baron, David P. & Harjoto, Maretno A. & Jo, Hoje, 2008. "The Economics and Politics of Corporate Social Performance," Research Papers 1993, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Aseem Kaul & Jiao Luo, 2018. "An economic case for CSR: The comparative efficiency of for‐profit firms in meeting consumer demand for social goods," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(6), pages 1650-1677, June.
- Alberto Galasso & Mihkel Tombak, 2014. "Switching to Green: The Timing of Socially Responsible Innovation," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 669-691, September.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Palestini, Arsen & Solferino, Nazaria & Elisabetta Tessitore, M., 2014.
"The socially responsible choice in a duopolistic market: A dynamic model of “ethical product” differentiation,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 114-123.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Arsen Palestini & Nazaria Solferino & M.Elisabetta Tessitore, 2013. "The Socially Responsible Choice in a Duopolistic Market: a Dynamic Model of "Ethical Product" Differentiation," CEIS Research Paper 268, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 29 Mar 2013.
- Werner Hediger, 2013. "From Multifunctionality and Sustainability of Agriculture to the Social Responsibility of the Agri-food System," Journal of Socio-Economics in Agriculture (Until 2015: Yearbook of Socioeconomics in Agriculture), Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, vol. 6(1), pages 59-80.
- Andreas G. F. Hoepner & Lisa Schopohl, 2020. "State Pension Funds and Corporate Social Responsibility: Do Beneficiaries’ Political Values Influence Funds’ Investment Decisions?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 165(3), pages 489-516, September.
- Jauernig, Johanna & Uhl, Matthias & Valentinov, Vladislav, 2021. "The ethics of corporate hypocrisy: An experimental approach," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Constantine Manasakis & Evangelos Mitrokostas & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2015. "Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility by Multinational Enterprises," Working Papers 1501, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Friedrichsen, Jana, 2013.
"Image concerns and the provision of quality,"
Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior
SP II 2013-211, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Friedrichsen, Jana, 2014. "Image Concerns and the Provision of Quality," VfS Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100365, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Kleemann, Linda & Krieger-Boden, Christiane, 2011.
"Bridging morale and business through shared value?,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
53147, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Kleemann, Linda & Krieger-Boden, Christiane, 2011. "Bridging morale and business through shared value?," Kiel Policy Brief 38, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Krüger, Philipp, 2015. "Corporate goodness and shareholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 304-329.
- Paul Belleflamme & Valeria Forlin, 2020.
"Endogenous vertical segmentation in a Cournot oligopoly,"
Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 131(2), pages 181-195, October.
- BELLEFLAMME Paul, & FORLIN Valeria,, 2019. "Endogenous vertical segmentation in a Cournot oligopoly," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2019007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Belleflamme, Paul & Forlin, Valeria, 2020. "Endogenous vertical segmentation in a Cournot oligopoly," LIDAM Reprints CORE 3124, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fabrice Etilé & Sabrina Teyssier, 2012.
"Signaling Corporate Social Responsibility: Third-Party Certification vs. Brands,"
PSE Working Papers
- Fabrice Etilé & Sabrina Teyssier, 2012. "Signaling Corporate Social Responsibility: Third-Party Certification vs. Brands," Working Papers halshs-00736551, HAL.
- Fabrice Etilé & Sabrina Teyssier, 2012. "Signaling Corporate Social Responsibility: Third-party certification vs. brands," Working Papers hal-02807886, HAL.
- Fabrice Etilé & Sabrina Teyssier, 2012. "Signaling Corporate Social Responsibility: Third-Party Certification vs. Brands," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00736551, HAL.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Vittorio Pelligra & Francesco Salustri, 2017.
"Testing for heterogeneity of preferences in randomized experiments: a satisfaction-based approach applied to multiplayer prisoners’ dilemmas,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(10), pages 722-726, June.
- F. Salustri & V. Pelligra & L. Becchetti, 2016. "Testing for Heterogeneity of Preferences in Randomized Experiments: A Satisfaction-Based Approach Applied to Multiplayer Prisoners' Dilemmas," Working Paper CRENoS 201607, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Vittorio Pelligra & Francesco Salustri, 2016. "Testing for Heterogeneity of Preferences in Randomized Experiments: A Satisfaction-Based Approach Applied to Multiplayer Prisoners’ Dilemmas," CEIS Research Paper 383, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 19 Jun 2015.
- Elisa Giuliani & Federica Nieri & Andrea Vezzulli, 2019. "BEST IN CLASS BUT BIG WRONGDOERS: Exploring the financial performance and human rights infringe ments nexus in large emerging country companies," Discussion Papers 2019/250, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Erhemjamts, Otgontsetseg & Tehranian, Hassan, 2016. "Greed or good deeds: An examination of the relation between corporate social responsibility and the financial performance of U.S. commercial banks around the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 137-159.
- Markus Kitzmueller, 2008. "Economics and Corporate Social Responsibility," Economics Working Papers ECO2008/37, European University Institute.
- Timothy Besley & Maitreesh Ghatak, 2017.
"Profit with Purpose? A Theory of Social Enterprise,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 19-58, August.
- Besley, Timothy & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2017. "Profit with purpose? A theory of social enterprise," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 68572, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michele Fioretti, 2020. "Social Responsibility and Firm's Objectives," Working Papers hal-03393065, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate social responsibility; firm incentives; social welfare; efficiency; regulation; enforecment;
All these keywords.
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PBE-2015-09-05 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2015-023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Shamprasad M. Pujar (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.