The impact of Universal Health Coverage on healthcare consumption and risky behaviours: evidence from Thailand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Panpiemras, Jirawat & Puttitanun, Thitima & Samphantharak, Krislert & Thampanishvong, Kannika, 2011. "Impact of Universal Health Care Coverage on patient demand for health care services in Thailand," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 228-235.
- Jonathan Gruber & Nathaniel Hendren & Robert Townsend, 2012. "Demand and Reimbursement Effects of Healthcare Reform: Health Care Utilization and Infant Mortality in Thailand," NBER Working Papers 17739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christel E. Dijk & Bernard Berg & Robert A. Verheij & Peter Spreeuwenberg & Peter P. Groenewegen & Dinny H. Bakker, 2013. "Moral Hazard And Supplier‐Induced Demand: Empirical Evidence In General Practice," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 340-352, March.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2010. "Estimating health insurance impacts under unobserved heterogeneity: the case of Vietnam's health care fund for the poor," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 189-208.
- Sapelli, Claudio & Vial, Bernardita, 2003.
"Self-selection and moral hazard in Chilean health insurance,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 459-476, May.
- Claudio Sapelli & Bernardita Vial, 2001. "Self Selection and Moral Hazard in Chilean Health Insurance," Documentos de Trabajo 195, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Steinorth, Petra, 2011. "Impact of health savings accounts on precautionary savings, demand for health insurance and prevention effort," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 458-465, March.
- Li, Cheng & Yu, Xuan & Butler, James R.G. & Yiengprugsawan, Vasoontara & Yu, Min, 2011. "Moving towards universal health insurance in China: Performance, issues and lessons from Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 359-366, August.
- Laure B. de Preux, 2011. "Anticipatory ex ante moral hazard and the effect of medicare on prevention," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(9), pages 1056-1072, September.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Manachotphong, Wanwiphang, 2012. "The health effects of universal health care : evidence from Thailand," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6119, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rieger, Matthias & Wagner, Natascha & Bedi, Arjun S., 2017. "Universal health coverage at the macro level: Synthetic control evidence from Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 46-55.
- Rieger, M. & Wagner, N. & Bedi, A.S., 2015. "Macroeconomic impacts of Universal Health Coverage : Synthetic control evidence from Thailand," ISS Working Papers - General Series 609, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Misnaniarti, Misnaniarti & Ayuningtyas, Dumilah, 2015. "Achieving Universal Coverage; Lessons from the Experience of Other Countries for National Health Insurance Implementation in Indonesia," MPRA Paper 65915, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2013-07-15 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HEA-2013-07-15 (Health Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2013-07-15 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imp:wpaper:11200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr David A Wilson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sbimpuk.html .