Enabling women's work
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo, 2012. "Women Empowerment and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1051-1079, December.
- Gindling, T.H. & Newhouse, David, 2014. "Self-Employment in the Developing World," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 313-331.
- Nandini Manjrekar, 2013. "Women School Teachers in New Times: Some Preliminary Reflections," Indian Journal of Gender Studies, Centre for Women's Development Studies, vol. 20(2), pages 335-356, June.
- Sucharita Sinha Mukherjee, 2013. "Women's Empowerment and Gender Bias in the Birth and Survival of Girls in Urban India," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Andrea Cornwall & Jenny Edwards, 2010. "Introduction: Negotiating Empowerment," IDS Bulletin, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(2), pages 1-9, March.
- Shaheen Akter, 2005. "Occupational Segregation, Wage Discrimination, and Impact on Poverty In Rural Bangladesh," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 39(1), pages 15-39, September.
- Nitya Rao, 2012. "Breadwinners and Homemakers: Migration and Changing Conjugal Expectations in Rural Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(1), pages 26-40, July.
- Rahman, Rushidan I. & Islam, Rizwanul., 2013. "Female labour force participation in Bangladesh : trends, drivers and barriers," ILO Working Papers 994834893402676, International Labour Organization.
- Goldin, Claudia, 2006. "The Quiet Revolution That Transformed Womenâ€™s Employment, Education, and Family," Scholarly Articles 2943933, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:483489 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2006. "Traditional Institutions Meet the Modern World: Caste, Gender, and Schooling Choice in a Globalizing Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1225-1252, September.
- Ather Maqssod Ahmed & Asma Hyder, 2008. "Sticky Floors and Occupational Segregation: Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 837-849.
- Gunatilaka, Ramani., 2013. "To work or not to work? : Factors holding women back from market work in Sri Lanka," ILO Working Papers 994838403402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:483840 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rohini Pande & Charity Troyer Moore & Erin K Fletcher, 2017.
"Women and Work in India: Descriptive Evidence and a Review of Potential Policies,"
CID Working Papers
339, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Fletcher, Erin K. & Pande, Rohini & Troyer Moore, Charity, 2017. "Women and Work in India: Descriptive Evidence and a Review of Potential Policies," Working Paper Series rwp18-004, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
More about this item
Keywordswomen workers; employment opportunity; labour force participation; education of women; South Asia; travailleuses; possibilités d'emploi; taux d'activité; éducation des femmes; Asie du Sud; trabajadoras; oportunidades de empleo; tasa de actividad de mano de obra; educación de la mujer; Asia del Sur;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:994860303402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .