New Evidence on the Role of Cognitive Skill in Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Laurini, Márcio Poletti & de Carvalho Andrade, Eduardo, 2012. "New evidence on the role of cognitive skill in economic development," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 123-126.
References listed on IDEAS
- Luiz Felipe Leite Estanislau do Amaral & Naércio Menezes-Filho, 2008.
"A Relação entre Gastos Educacionais e Desempenho Escolar,"
Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
200807201800160, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Menezes Filho, N. A & Amaral, Luiz F. L. E., 2009. "A Relação entre Gastos Educacionais e Desempenho Escolar," Insper Working Papers wpe_156, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Racine, Jeff & Stengos, Thanasis, 2007.
"Growth and convergence: A profile of distribution dynamics and mobility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 483-508, February.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Racine, Jeff, 2006. "Growth And Convergence: A Profile Of Distribution Dynamics And Mobility," Departmental Working Papers 0605, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Andrade, Eduardo & Laurini, Marcio & Madalozzo, Regina & Valls Pereira, Pedro L., 2004. "Convergence clubs among Brazilian municipalities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 179-184, May.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2007.
"The Role of School Improvement in Economic Development,"
NBER Working Papers
12832, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Wößmann, 2007. "The Role of School Improvement in Economic Development," CESifo Working Paper Series 1911, CESifo Group Munich.
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- Racine, Jeff, 1997. "Consistent Significance Testing for Nonparametric Regression," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 369-378, July.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2008.
"The Role of Cognitive Skills in Economic Development,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(3), pages 607-668, September.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Wößmann, Ludger, 2008. "The role of cognitive skills in economic development," Munich Reprints in Economics 20454, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Eric Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2008. "The Role of Cognitive Skills in Economic Development," Discussion Papers 07-034, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Jeffery Racine & Jeffrey Hart & Qi Li, 2006. "Testing the Significance of Categorical Predictor Variables in Nonparametric Regression Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 523-544.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David K. Evans & Anna Popova, 2016.
"What Really Works to Improve Learning in Developing Countries? An Analysis of Divergent Findings in Systematic Reviews,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 31(2), pages 242-270.
- Evans,David-000213993 & Popova,Anna, 2015. "What really works to improve learning in developing countries ? an analysis of divergent findings in systematic reviews," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7203, The World Bank.
- Masino, Serena & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel, 2016.
"What works to improve the quality of student learning in developing countries?,"
International Journal of Educational Development,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 53-65.
- Masino Serena & Niño-Zarazúa Miguel, 2015. "What Works to Improve the Quality of Student Learning in Developing Countries?," WIDER Working Paper Series 033, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsCognitive Skill; Nonparametric Kernel Regression;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-09-11 (Development)
- NEP-HRM-2010-09-11 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-NEU-2010-09-11 (Neuroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibr:dpaper:2010-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Márcio Laurini). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibmrjbr.html .