Feed-Grain Consumption by Traditional Pork-Producing Households in China
Economic reforms in China's agricultural sector initiated in the late 1970s led to rapid structural change in China's pork sector. Swine production units have declined in number but increased in size. Using household survey data from seven Chinese provinces, the authors estimate feed-grain demand by pork producers for three size categories: annual pork output of less than 200 kg; between 200 and 500 kg; and greater than 500 kg. Results indicate that households slaughtering a small number of pigs each year are less market-oriented than households slaughtering a greater number annually.
|Date of creation:||Nov 1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 578 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070|
Web page: http://www.fapri.iastate.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ags:joaaec:v:30:y:1998:i:1:p:141-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Han, Tong & Wahl, Thomas I., 1998.
"China's Rural Household Demand for Fruit and Vegetables,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 141-150, July.
- Han, Tong & Wahl, Thomas I., 1998. "China'S Rural Household Demand For Fruit And Vegetables," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- Carter, Colin A., 1986.
"China's Past and Future Role in the Grain Trade,"
1986: Trade and Development Meeting, December 1986, CIMMYT, Mexico City, Mexico
50687, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- repec:ags:joaaec:v:30:y:1998:i:1:p:113-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wailes, Eric J. & Fang, Cheng & Tuan, Francis C., 1998. "U.S.-China Agricultural Trade: Constraints And Potential," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- Hayes, Dermot J., 1997. "The Chinese Market For U.S. Pork Exports," Trade Research Center Policy Issues Papers 29173, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ias:fpaper:98-wp203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.