Rural Household Fruit And Vegetable Consumption In China
A two-stage budgeting model using Chinese rural survey data is used to assess rural Chinese household food demand. The second-step includes 11 categories including 4 vegetable groups and 3 fruit groups. The results indicate that grains are still important staple foods and that vegetables are important non-staple foods relative to fruits.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Han, Tong & Wahl, Thomas I., 1998.
"China'S Rural Household Demand For Fruit And Vegetables,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- Han, Tong & Wahl, Thomas I., 1998. "China's Rural Household Demand for Fruit and Vegetables," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 141-150, July.
- Fan, Shenggen & Cramer, Gail & Wailes, Eric, 1994. "Food demand in rural China: evidence from rural household survey," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 61-69, September.
- Fan, Shenggen & Cramer, Gail & Wailes, Eric, 1994. "Food demand in rural China: evidence from rural household survey," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(1), September.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. & Jin, Lan & Ito, Shoichi, 1991. "An econometric analysis of rice consumption in the People's Republic of China," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 67-78, October.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Heien, Dale & Wessells, Cathy Roheim, 1990. "Demand Systems Estimation with Microdata: A Censored Regression Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 365-371, July.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea98:20854. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.