Feed-Grain Consumption by Traditional Pork-Producing Households in China
Economic reforms in China's agricultural sector initiated in the late 1970s led to rapid structural change in China's pork sector. Swine production units have declined in number but increased in size. Using household survey data from seven Chinese provinces, the authors estimate feed-grain demand by pork producers for three size categories: annual pork output of less than 200 kg; between 200 and 500 kg; and greater than 500 kg. Results indicate that households slaughtering a small number of pigs each year are less market-oriented than households slaughtering a greater number annually.
|Date of creation:||Nov 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (515) 294-1183
Fax: (515) 294-6336
Web page: http://www.card.iastate.edu/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carter, Colin A., 1986.
"China's Past and Future Role in the Grain Trade,"
1986: Trade and Development Meeting, December 1986, CIMMYT, Mexico City, Mexico
50687, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- repec:jaa:jagape:v:30:y:1998:i:1:p:113-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Han, Tong & Wahl, Thomas I., 1998. "China'S Rural Household Demand For Fruit And Vegetables," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- Wailes, Eric J. & Fang, Cheng & Tuan, Francis C., 1998. "U.S.-China Agricultural Trade: Constraints And Potential," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- Hayes, Dermot J., 1997. "The Chinese Market For U.S. Pork Exports," Trade Research Center Policy Issues Papers 29173, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- repec:jaa:jagape:v:30:y:1998:i:1:p:141-50 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ias:cpaper:98-wp203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.