Contract and Exit Decisions in Finisher Hog Production
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fengxia Dong & David A. Hennessy & Helen H. Jensen, 2010. "Contract and Exit Decisions in Finisher Hog Production," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(3), pages 667-684.
- Dong, Fengxia & Hennessy, David A. & Jensen, Helen H., 2010. "Contract and Exit Decisions in Finisher Hog Production," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31302, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dong, Fengxia & Hennessy, David A. & Jensen, Helen H., 2009. "Contract and Exit Decisions in Finisher Hog Production," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49343, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Väre, Minna & Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "Perspectives on the Early Retirement Decisions of Farming Couples," IZA Discussion Papers 1342, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Na & Vyn, Richard & McEwan, Ken, 2015. "To Invest or to Sell? The Impacts of Ontario's Greenbelt on Farm Exit and Investment Decisions," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212049, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Key, Nigel, 2013.
"Production Contracts and Farm Business Growth and Survival,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 277-293, May.
- Key, Nigel D., 2013. "Production Contracts and Farm Business Growth and Survival," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 45(02), May.
- Key, Nigel D., 2010. "Production Contracts and Farm Business Growth and Survival," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61022, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dong, Fengxia & Hennessy, David A. & Jensen, Helen H., 2013. "Size, Productivity and Exit Decisions in Dairy Farms," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150339, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kuo-Liang Chang & George Langelett & Andrew Waugh, 2011. "Health, Health Insurance, and Decision to Exit from Farming," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 356-372, June.
- Saint-Cyr, Legrand D. F., 2016. "Accounting for farm heterogeneity in the assessment of agricultural policy impacts on structural change," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235778, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural industrialization; hog production; occupation choice; production contracts; recursive bivariate probit; relationship-specific investments; sector dynamics.;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-06-27 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-06-27 (Business Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ias:cpaper:08-wp469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/caiasus.html .