The effect of labour taxes on labour demand: a comparison between Belgium and neighbouring countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- European Commission, 2013. "Taxation trends in the European Union: 2013 edition," Taxation trends 2013, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Yannick L’Horty & Christophe Rault, 2005.
"The Impact of Growth, Labour Cost and Working Time on Employment: Lessons from the French Experience,"
LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 19(3), pages 595-620, September.
- L'Horty, Yannick & Rault, Christophe, 2003. "The Impact of Growth, Labour Cost and Working Time on Employment: Lessons from the French Experience," IZA Discussion Papers 871, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yannick L'Horty & Christophe Rault, 2003. "The Impact of Growth, Labour Cost and Working Time on Employment: Lessons from the French Experience," Documents de recherche 03-08, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Sneessens, Henri R & Dreze, Jacques H, 1986.
"A Discussion of Belgian Unemployment, Combining Traditional Concepts and Disequilibrium Econometrics,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(210(S)), pages 89-119, Supplemen.
- Sneessens, H. & Dreze, J., 1985. "A discussion of Belgian unemployment, combining traditional concepts and disequilibrium econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers 1985040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- SNEESSENS, Henri R. & DREZE, Jacques H., 1986. "A discussion of Belgian unemployment, combining traditional concepts and disequilibrium econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 704, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Naastepad, C. W. M. & Kleinknecht, Alfred, 2004. "The Dutch productivity slowdown: the culprit at last?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 137-163, June.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S & Pfann, Gerard A, 1996. "Turnover and the Dynamics of Labour Demand," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(251), pages 359-367, August.
- Stock, James H, 1987. "Asymptotic Properties of Least Squares Estimators of Cointegrating Vectors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1035-1056, September.
- European Commission, 2009. "Taxation trends in the European Union: 2009 edition," Taxation trends 2009, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- European Commission, 2011. "Taxation trends in the European Union: 2011 edition," Taxation trends 2011, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Květa Kubátová, 2011. "The Comparative Analysis of Specific Effective Average Tax Rates of Corporation in the EU Countries in Years 1998 - 2007 [Komparativní analýza specifických efektivních průměrných sazeb daní korpora," Český finanční a účetní časopis, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2011(4), pages 79-91.
- Ozlem Onaran & Valerie Boesch & Markus Leibrecht, 2012. "How Does Globalization Affect The Implicit Tax Rates On Labor Income, Capital Income, And Consumption In The European Union?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(4), pages 880-904, October.
- Mihaila, Nicoleta & Isachi, Silvia, 2011. "The Economic Crisis And The Evolution Of The Economic And Financial Activity Of The Sme," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 15(3), pages 88-97.
- Bunescu Liliana & Mihaiu Diana Marieta, 2010. "A Short Analysis On The Sensitivity Of Tax Revenues In Romania During 2000 - 2009," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 332-337, July.
- Leon Bettendorf & Duncan van Limbergen, 2013. "The stability of tax elasticities in The Netherlands," CPB Discussion Paper 256, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Yiannis Kitromilides & Ana Rosa GonzÃ¡lez, 2013. "The EU Financial Transactions Tax: Antecedents and Current Debate," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(3), pages 311-321, May.
- B. Merlevede & G. Rayp & S. Van Parys & T. Verbeke, 2011. "Do EU15 countries compete over labour taxes?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/750, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Zylicz, Tomasz, 2010. "Goals and Principles of Environmental Policy," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 299-334, May.
- Copenhagen Economics, 2010. "Study on Inheritance Taxes in EU Member States and Possible Mechanisms to Resolve Problems of Double Inheritance Taxation in the EU," Taxation Studies 0034, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission, revised Apr 2011.
- Primož Dolenc & Suzana Laporšek, 2010. "Tax Wedge on Labour and its Effect on Employment Growth in the European Union," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2010(4), pages 344-358.
- Alexei Izyumov, 2010. "Human Costs of Post-communist Transition: Public Policies and Private Response," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(1), pages 93-125.
- Doris Prammer, 2011. "Quality of taxation and the crisis: Tax shifts from a growth perspective," Taxation Papers 29, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Boryana Madzharova, 2012. "Intertemporal Income Shifting in Expectation of Lower Corporate Tax Rates: The Tax Reforms in Central and Eastern Europe," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp462, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Daianu, Daniel & Kallai, Ella & Lungu, Laurian, 2012.
"Tax Policy under the Curse of Low Revenues: The Case of Romania (Part I),"
Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 156-186, March.
- Daianu, Daniel & Kallai, Ella & Lungu, Laurian, 2012. "Tax Policy under the Curse of Low Revenues: The Case of Romania (Part II)," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 143-162, June.
- Tanja Kosi & Štefan Bojnec, 2010. "Tax Competitiveness of Croatia and Slovenia as Tourist Destinations," Academica Turistica - Tourism and Innovation Journal, University of Primorska Press, vol. 3(1-2), pages 38-52.
- Brendan O'Connor, 2013. "The Structure of Ireland’s Tax System and Options for Growth Enhancing Reform," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 44(4), pages 511-540.
- Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López Otero, 2014. "A Panorama on Energy Taxes and Green Tax Reforms," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 145-190, March.
- Polito, Vito & Wickens, Michael, 2015.
"Sovereign credit ratings in the European Union: A model-based fiscal analysis,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 220-247.
- Polito, Vito & Wickens, Michael R., 2013. "Sovereign credit ratings in the European Union: a model-based fiscal analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9665, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- European Commission, 2013. "Tax reforms in EU Member States - Tax policy challenges for economic growth and fiscal sustainability – 2013 Report," Taxation Papers 38, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Michael Knogler & Volkhart Vincentz, 2005. "Auswirkungen der EU-Osterweiterung auf die Arbeitsmärkte der neuen Mitgliedstaaten und der EU-15, insbesondere Deutschland," Working Papers 257, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
More about this item
Keywordseconomic history; ECSC; European Integration; regional concentration;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2012-02-01 (European Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2012-02-01 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-2012-02-01 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-02-01 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hub:wpecon:201125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Janssens) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Sabine Janssens to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/emhubbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.