Mandatory adoption of business risk disclosure: evidence from Japanese firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mostafa Kamal Hassan, 2009. "UAE corporations-specific characteristics and level of risk disclosure," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(7), pages 668-687, July.
- Heitzman, Shane & Wasley, Charles & Zimmerman, Jerold, 2010. "The joint effects of materiality thresholds and voluntary disclosure incentives on firms' disclosure decisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1-2), pages 109-132, February.
- Bryan Kelly & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2012.
"Testing Asymmetric-Information Asset Pricing Models,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(5), pages 1366-1413.
- Kelly, Bryan & Ljungqvist, Alexander P., 2009. "Testing Asymmetric-Information Asset Pricing Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 7180, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karthik Balakrishnan & Mary Brooke Billings & Bryan Kelly & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2014.
"Shaping Liquidity: On the Causal Effects of Voluntary Disclosure,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 69(5), pages 2237-2278, October.
- Karthik Balakrishnan & Mary B. Billings & Bryan T. Kelly & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2013. "Shaping Liquidity: On the Causal Effects of Voluntary Disclosure," NBER Working Papers 18984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 2001. "Essays on disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 97-180, December.
- Elshandidy, Tamer & Fraser, Ian & Hussainey, Khaled, 2013. "Aggregated, voluntary, and mandatory risk disclosure incentives: Evidence from UK FTSE all-share companies," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 320-333.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1991. " Disclosure, Liquidity, and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1325-1359, September.
- Christine A. Botosan & Marlene A. Plumlee, 2002. "A Re‐examination of Disclosure Level and the Expected Cost of Equity Capital," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 21-40, March.
- David Easley & Maureen O'hara, 2004. "Information and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1553-1583, August.
- Grantley Taylor & Greg Tower & John Neilson, 2010. "Corporate communication of financial risk," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 50(2), pages 417-446, June.
More about this item
KeywordsMandatory business risk disclosure; Total risk; Cost of capital;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2017-06-18 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-BEC-2017-06-18 (Business Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2017-06-18 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hcfrwp:g-1-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hchitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.