UAE corporations-specific characteristics and level of risk disclosure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dulacha G. Barako & Phil Hancock & H. Y. Izan, 2006. "Factors Influencing Voluntary Corporate Disclosure by Kenyan Companies," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 107-125, March.
- Lopes, Patricia Teixeira & Rodrigues, Lucia Lima, 2007.
"Accounting for financial instruments: An analysis of the determinants of disclosure in the Portuguese stock exchange,"
The International Journal of Accounting,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 25-56.
- Patrícia Teixeira Lopes & Lúcia Lima Rodrigues, 2006. "Accounting for Financial Instruments: An Analysis of the Determinants of Disclosure in the Portuguese Stock Exchange," FEP Working Papers 209, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Philip M. Linsley & Michael J. Lawrence, 2007. "Risk reporting by the largest UK companies: readability and lack of obfuscation," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(4), pages 620-627, July.
- Chamisa, Edward E., 2000. "The Relevance and Observance of the IASC Standards in Developing Countries and the Particular Case of Zimbabwe," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 267-286, July.
- repec:bla:joares:v:31:y:1993:i:2:p:246-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bushman, Robert M. & Smith, Abbie J., 2001. "Financial accounting information and corporate governance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 237-333, December.
- Aljifri, Khaled & Khasharmeh, Hussein, 2006. "An investigation into the suitability of the international accounting standards to the United Arab Emirates environment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 505-526, October.
- Skinner, Douglas J., 1993. "The investment opportunity set and accounting procedure choice : Preliminary evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 407-445, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- KIM, Hyonok & YASUDA, Yukihiro, 2016. "Mandatory adoption of business risk disclosure: evidence from Japanese firms," Working Paper Series G-1-14, Center for Financial Research, Graduate School of Commerce and Management, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jonas Oliveira & Lúcia Lima Rodrigues & Russell Craig, 2011. "Risk-related disclosures by non-finance companies: Portuguese practices and disclosure characteristics," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(9), pages 817-839, October.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:29:y:2013:i:2:p:312-331 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farahnaz Orojali Zadeh & Siti Zaleha Abdul Rasid & Rohaida Basiruddin & Nor Aiza Mohammmed Zamil & Amin Vakilbashi, 2016. "Risk Disclosure Practices among Malaysian Listed Firms," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 1092-1096.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:45:y:2018:i:c:p:413-426 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abdallah, Abed Al-Nasser & Hassan, Mostafa Kamal & McClelland, Patrick L., 2015. "Islamic financial institutions, corporate governance, and corporate risk disclosure in Gulf Cooperation Council countries," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 63-82.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk analysis; Disclosure; Accounting standards; United Arab Emirates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:majpps:v:24:y:2009:i:7:p:668-687. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.