The Role of Lawyers in Social Changes in Developing Countries: Evidence from Russia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robin Naylor, 1989. "Strikes, Free Riders, and Social Customs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 771-785.
- Andrei Yakovlev & Anton Sobolev & Anton Kazun, 2014. "Means of production versus means of coercion: can Russian business limit the violence of a predatory state?," Post-Soviet Affairs, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2-3), pages 171-194, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alison L. Booth & Mark L. Bryan, 2004.
"The Union Membership Wage-Premium Puzzle: Is There a Free Rider Problem?,"
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(3), pages 402-421, April.
- Booth, Alison L & Bryan, Mark L, 2001. "The Union Membership Wage Premium Puzzle: Is There A Free-Rider Problem?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2879, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2001. "The union membership wage-premium puzzle: is there a free rider problem?," ISER Working Paper Series 2001-09, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Chen, Cuicui & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2018.
"Collective action in an asymmetric world,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 103-112.
- Chen, Cuicui & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2016. "Collective Action in an Asymmetric World," Working Paper Series 16-019, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Cuicui Chen & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 2016. "Collective Action in an Asymmetric World," NBER Working Papers 22240, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myles, Gareth D. & Naylor, Robin A., 1996. "A model of tax evasion with group conformity and social customs," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 49-66, April.
- Moti Michaeli & Daniel Spiro, "undated". "The dynamics of revolutions," Working Papers WP2017/8, University of Haifa, Department of Economics.
- Kyung nok Chun & Zachary Schaller & Stergios Skaperdas, 2020. "Why Are There Strikes?," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 130(6), pages 929-956.
- Kazun, Anton (Казун, Антон) & Yakovlev, Andrei (Яковлев, Андрей), 2015. "Community of Attorneys and the Quality of Law Enforcement in Russia [Адвокатское Сообщество И Качество Правоприменения В России]," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 5, pages 7-37.
- Askildsen, Jan Erik & Nilsen, Oivind Anti, 2002. "Union membership and wage formation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 345-363, June.
- Moizeau, Fabien, 2015.
"Dynamics of social norms in the city,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 70-87.
- Fabien Moizeau, 2013. "Dynamics of Social Norms in the City," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201315, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Fabien Moizeau, 2015. "Dynamics of social norms in the city," Post-Print halshs-01114139, HAL.
- Dong, Bin & Dulleck, Uwe & Torgler, Benno, 2012. "Conditional corruption," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 609-627.
- Sjögren, Tomas, 2016. "Consumption Norms with Endogenous Norm Beliefs – Implications for Welfare, Commodity Taxation and Income Redistribution," Umeå Economic Studies 938, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Simon Gächter & Ernst Fehr, 1997. "Social Norms as a Social Exchange," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 133(II), pages 275-292, June.
- Bulkley, George & Myles, Gareth D., 2001. "Individually rational union membership," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 117-137, March.
- Bálint Madlovics & Bálint Magyar, 2021. "Post-communist predation: modeling reiderstvo practices in contemporary predatory states," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 187(3), pages 247-273, June.
- Gachter, Simon & Fehr, Ernst, 1999. "Collective action as a social exchange," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 341-369, July.
- Lambert, Peter J. & Millimet, Daniel L. & Slottje, Daniel, 2003. "Inequality aversion and the natural rate of subjective inequality," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1061-1090, May.
- Michaeli, Moti & Spiro, Daniel, 2014. "Skewed Norms under Peer Pressure: Formation and Collapse," Memorandum 15/2014, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Goerke Laszlo & Pannenberg Markus, 2004.
"Norm-Based Trade Union Membership: Evidence for Germany,"
German Economic Review, De Gruyter, vol. 5(4), pages 481-504, December.
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg, 2004. "Norm‐Based Trade Union Membership: Evidence for Germany," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 5(4), pages 481-504, November.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2003. "Norm-Based Trade Union Membership: Evidence for Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 962, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Michael Rochlitz, 2016. "Collective Action Abroad: How Foreign Investors Organize Evidence from Foreign Business Associations In the Russian Federation," HSE Working papers WP BRP 32/PS/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong & Yang, C. C., 2000. "Casual police corruption and the economics of crime:: Further results," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 35-51, March.
- Lai, Ching-chong & Chang, Juin-jen & Chang, Wen-ya, 2001. "Currency devaluation in an open-shop union," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 61-74.
More about this item
Keywordslawyer; professional elite; collective action; limited access orders; open access orders; professional mobilization.;
All these keywords.
- K49 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Other
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- L84 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Personal, Professional, and Business Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2016-11-27 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-LAW-2016-11-27 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2016-11-27 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:70/law/2016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Shamil Abdulaev or Shamil Abdulaev (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.