Options, Timing, and Regional Entry of Firms
This paper studies how the possibility to postpone the unrecoverable entry and location cost affects regional entry when post-entry earnings are uncertain. We find that the opportunity cost to enter today is higher when entering a region with high uncertainty relative to a region with low uncertainty.
|Date of creation:||21 Apr 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1991.
"Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1110-48, September.
- Pindyck, Robert, 1989. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 294, The World Bank.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1990. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment," NBER Working Papers 3307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Working papers 3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1989.
"Entry and Exit Decisions under Uncertainty,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 620-38, June.
- McDonald, Robert & Siegel, Daniel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-27, November.
- Berglund, Elisabet & Brännäs, Kurt, 1999.
"Plants' Entry and Exit in Swedish Municipalities,"
Umeå Economic Studies
497, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Berglund, Elisabet, 1999. "Human Capital and Regional Entry of Firms," Umeå Economic Studies 500, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell-Göran Holmberg)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.