Tax Effects of Unemployment and the Choice of Educational Type
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Annette Alstadsæter & Ann-Sofie Kolm & Birthe Larsen, 2005. "Tax Effects on Unemployment and the Choice of Educational Type," Discussion Papers 419, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce, Donald, 2000. "Effects of the United States tax system on transitions into self-employment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 545-574, September.
- Parker, Simon C, 1996. "A Time Series Model of Self-Employment under Uncertainty," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(251), pages 459-475, August.
- Pestieau, Pierre & Possen, Uri M., 1991.
"Tax evasion and occupational choice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 107-125, June.
- Pestieau, P. & Possen, U.M., 1988. "Tax Evasion And Occupational Choice," Papers 404, Cornell - Department of Economics.
- Pestieau, P. & Possen, U., 1990. "Tax evasion and occupational choice," CORE Discussion Papers 1990033, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & POSSEN, Uri M., 1991. "Tax evation and occupational choice," CORE Discussion Papers RP 967, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 1998.
"The impact of employment tax cuts on unemployment and wages; The role of unemployment benefits and tax structure,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 155-183, January.
- Pissarides, Christopher, 1997. "The impact of employment tax cuts on unemployment and wages : the role of unemployment benefits and tax structure," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2332, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 1997. "The Impact of Employment Tax Cuts on Unemployment and Wages: The Role of Unemployment Benefits and Tax Structure," CEP Discussion Papers dp0361, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Heckman, James J, 1976. "A Life-Cycle Model of Earnings, Learning, and Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 11-44, August.
- Driffill, E John & Rosen, Harvey S, 1983.
"Taxation and Excess Burden: A Life Cycle Perspective,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 671-683, October.
- E. John Driffill & Harvey S. Rosen, 1981. "Taxation and Excess Burden: A Life-Cycle Perspective," NBER Working Papers 0698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin A. Hassett, 1999. "Tax Policy and Investment," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 53049, June.
- Roger H. Gordon & Julie Berry Cullen, 2002. "Taxes and Entrepreneurial Activity: Theory and Evidence for the U.S," NBER Working Papers 9015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael J. Boskin, 1975. "Notes on the Tax Treatment of Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 0116, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & William M. Gentry, 2000. "Tax Policy and Entrepreneurial Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 283-287, May.
- Nielsen, Soren Bo & Sorensen, Peter Birch, 1997. "On the optimality of the Nordic system of dual income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 311-329, February.
- Theodore W. Schultz, 1960. "Capital Formation by Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 571-571.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- von Greiff, Camilo, 2007. "Specialization in Higher Education and Economic Growth," Research Papers in Economics 2007:13, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsUnemployment; matching; education; optimal taxation; tuition fees;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-09-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2005-09-17 (Education)
- NEP-PBE-2005-09-17 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sunrpe:2005_0004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sten Nyberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/neisuse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.