Term Structures in the Office Rental Market in Stockholm
This paper contains an empirical study of the rental term structure in a property market that included a dramatic boom and bust cycle. The study is applied to office leases in commercial properties located in Stockholm CBD, Sweden. The time period under study is 1977-1991. The number of observations (lease contracts) that we were able to make full use of in the regression analyses is n=861. For seven out of fifteen years studied, a significant term structure was observed. The estimated hedonic rent equation was also used to construct an office rental index.
|Date of creation:||10 Apr 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.sifr.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grenadier, Steven R., 1995. "Valuing lease contracts A real-options approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 297-331, July.
- Shilling, James D. & Sirmans, C. F. & Corgel, John B., 1987. "Price adjustment process for rental office space," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 90-100, July.
- Clapp, John M & Giaccotto, Carmelo, 1992. "Estimating Price Trends for Residential Property: A Comparison of Repeat Sales and Assessed Value Methods," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 357-74, December.
- P.H. Hendershott & B.D. Macgregor & R.Y.C. Tse, 2001.
"Estimation of the Rental Adjustment Process,"
eres2001_178, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Patric H. Hendershott & Colin M. Lizieri & George A. Matysiak, 1999. "The Workings of the London Office Market," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 365-387.
- Sivitanidou Rena, 1995. "Urban Spatial Variations in Office-Commercial Rents: The Role of Spatial Amenities and Commercial Zoning," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 23-49, July.
- Webb, R. Brian & Fisher, Jeffrey D., 1996. "Development of an Effective Rent (Lease) Index for the Chicago CBD," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-19, January.
- John D. Benjamin & J. Sa-Aadu & James D. Shilling, 1992. "Influence of Rent Differentials on the Choice between Office Rent Contracts with and without Relocation Provisions," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(2), pages 289-302.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sifrwp:0006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anki Helmer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.