Is Legal Pot Crippling Mexican Drug Trafficking Organizations? The Effect of Medical Marijuana Laws on US Crime
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carrieri, Vincenzo & Madio, Leonardo & Principe, Francesco, 2019.
"Light cannabis and organized crime: Evidence from (unintended) liberalization in Italy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 63-76.
- Carrieri, Vincenzo & Madio, Leonardo & Principe, Francesco, 2018. "Light cannabis and organized crime: Evidence from (unintended) liberalization in Italy," Ruhr Economic Papers 774, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Carrieri, V.; & Madio, L.; & Principe, F.;, 2018. "Light cannabis and organized crime. Evidence from (unintended) liberalization in Italy," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 18/15, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:159:y:2019:i:c:p:502-525 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:159:y:2019:i:c:p:488-501 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin Hansen & Keaton Miller & Caroline Weber, 2017. "The Grass is Greener on the Other Side: How Extensive is the Interstate Trafficking of Recreational Marijuana?," NBER Working Papers 23762, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jörg Kalbfuß & Reto Odermatt & Alois Stutzer, 2018.
"Medical Marijuana Laws and Mental Health in the United States,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1546, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Kalbfuß, Jörg & Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2018. "Medical marijuana laws and mental health in the United States," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 88697, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dragone, Davide & Prarolo, Giovanni & Vanin, Paolo & Zanella, Giulio, 2019.
"Crime and the legalization of recreational marijuana,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 488-501.
- Dragone, Davide & Prarolo, Giovanni & Vanin, Paolo & Zanella, Giulio, 2017. "Crime and the Legalization of Recreational Marijuana," IZA Discussion Papers 10522, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hunt, Priscillia E & Pacula, Rosalie Liccardo & Weinberger, Gabriel, 2018. "High on Crime? Exploring the Effects of Marijuana Dispensary Laws on Crime in California Counties," IZA Discussion Papers 11567, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chu, Yu-Wei Luke & Townsend, Wilbur, 2019.
"Joint culpability: The effects of medical marijuana laws on crime,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 502-525.
- Chu, Yu-Wei Luke & Townsend, Wilbur, 2017. "Joint culpability: The effects of medical marijuana laws on crime," Working Paper Series 6141, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Carrieri,V.; & Madio,L.; & Principe, F.;, 2019. "Do-It-Yourself medicine? The impact of light cannabis liberalization on prescription drugs," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 19/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
KeywordsCannabis Legalization; Decriminalization; Crime;
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
- K00 - Law and Economics - - General - - - General (including Data Sources and Description)
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAW-2015-02-05 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:nhhfms:2015_005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stein Fossen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dfnhhno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.