Why Pre-Commercial Procurement is notInnovation Procurement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre-Henri Morand, 2003. "SMEs and public procurement policy," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 8(3), pages 301-318, October.
- Olof Ejermo & Astrid Kander, 2011. "Swedish business research productivity," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 1081-1118, August.
- McGarrah, Robert E., 1987. "The decline of U.S. manufacturers: Causes and remedies," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 59-67.
- Edler, Jakob & Georghiou, Luke, 2007. "Public procurement and innovation--Resurrecting the demand side," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 949-963, September.
- Schön, Lennart & Kander, Astrid, 2007. "Industrial dynamics and innovative pressure on energy - Sweden with European and Global outlooks," Papers in Innovation Studies 2007/5, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Smith, R. P., 1990. "Defence procurement and industrial structure in the U.K," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 185-205, June.
- Dalpe, Robert & DeBresson, Chris & Xiaoping, Hu, 1992. "The public sector as first user of innovations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 251-263, June.
- Borrás, Susana & Edquist, Charles, 2013. "The Choice of Innovation Policy Instruments," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/4, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Kander, Astrid & Enflo, Kerstin & Schön, Lennart, 2007. "In Defense of Electricity as a General Purpose Technology," Papers in Innovation Studies 2007/6, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Edquist, Charles & Zabala-Iturriagagoitia, Jon Mikel, 2012. "Public Procurement for Innovation as mission-oriented innovation policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1757-1769.
- Mowery, David C. & Simcoe, Timothy, 2002. "Is the Internet a US invention?--an economic and technological history of computer networking," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1369-1387, December.
- Flanagan, Kieron & Uyarra, Elvira & Laranja, Manuel, 2011. "Reconceptualising the 'policy mix' for innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 702-713, June.
- Elvira Uyarra & Kieron Flanagan, 2009. "Understanding the Innovation Impacts of Public Procurement," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 123-143, June.
- Fuchs, Erica R.H., 2010. "Rethinking the role of the state in technology development: DARPA and the case for embedded network governance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1133-1147, November.
- Ejermo, Olof & Kander, Astrid, 2007. "Swedish business research productivity – improvements against international trends," Papers in Innovation Studies 2007/7, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valeria De Bonis, 2016. "Innovation, competition and public procurement in the pre-commercial phase," Public Finance Research Papers 23, Istituto di Economia e Finanza, DIGEF, Sapienza University of Rome.
- Elisabetta Iossa, Federico Biagi and Paola Valbonesi, 2016. "Pre-commercial Procurement, Procurement of Innovative Solutions and Innovation Partnerships in the EU: Rationale and Strategy," IEFE Working Papers 89, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
More about this item
KeywordsPre-Commercial procurement; Public Procurement for Innovation; R&D; Innovation; Innovation policy;
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
- L38 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Policy
- M38 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- O25 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2013-05-05 (Innovation)
- NEP-PPM-2013-05-05 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lucirc:2012_011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Torben Schubert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/circlse.html .