SMEs´ absorptive capacities and large firms´ knowledge spillovers: Micro evidence from Mexico
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kugler, Maurice, 2006.
"Spillovers from foreign direct investment: Within or between industries?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 444-477, August.
- Maurice Kugler, 2006. "Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment: Within or between Industries?," Borradores de Economia 369, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Maurice Kugler, 2006. "Spillovers From Foreign Direct Investment:Within Or Between Industries?," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003523, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Fosfuri, Andrea & Motta, Massimo & Ronde, Thomas, 2001.
"Foreign direct investment and spillovers through workers' mobility,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 205-222, February.
- Andrea Fosfuri & Massimo Motta & Thomas Ronde, 1998. "Foreign direct investments and spillovers through workers' mobility," Economics Working Papers 258, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Fosfuri, Andrea & Motta, Massimo & Rønde, Thomas, 1999. "Foreign Direct Investment and Spillovers through Workers' Mobility," CEPR Discussion Papers 2194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Motohashi, Kazuyuki & Yuan, Yuan, 2010. "Productivity impact of technology spillover from multinationals to local firms: Comparing China's automobile and electronics industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 790-798, July.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liu, Xiaohui & Buck, Trevor, 2007. "Innovation performance and channels for international technology spillovers: Evidence from Chinese high-tech industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 355-366, April.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003.
"The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives,"
EIJS Working Paper Series
168, Stockholm School of Economics, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003. "The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 3775, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Ari Kokko, 2003. "The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives," NBER Working Papers 9489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1980. "Vertical Inter-Firm Linkages in LDCs: An Empirical Study," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 42(3), pages 203-226, August.
- Ivarsson, Inge & Alvstam, Claes Goran, 2005. "Technology transfer from TNCs to local suppliers in developing countries: A study of AB Volvo's truck and bus plants in Brazil, China, India, and Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1325-1344, August.
- Fredrik Sjoholm, 1999.
"Technology gap, competition and spillovers from direct foreign investment: Evidence from establishment data,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 53-73.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1997. "Technology Gap, Competition and Spillovers from Direct Foreign Investment: Evidence from Establishment Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 212, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Beata Smarzynska Javorcik, 2004.
"Does Foreign Direct Investment Increase the Productivity of Domestic Firms? In Search of Spillovers Through Backward Linkages,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 605-627, June.
- Smarzynska, Beata K., 2002. "Does foreign direct investment increase the productivity of domestic firms : in search of spillovers through backward linkages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2923, The World Bank.
- Beata K. Smarzynska, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Increase the Productivity of Domestic Firms? In Search of Spillovers through Backward Linkages," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 548, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Durham, J.B.J. Benson, 2004. "Absorptive capacity and the effects of foreign direct investment and equity foreign portfolio investment on economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 285-306, April.
- Blalock, Garrick & Gertler, Paul J., 2004. "Learning from exporting revisited in a less developed setting," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 397-416, December.
- Sourafel Girma, 2005.
"Absorptive Capacity and Productivity Spillovers from FDI: A Threshold Regression Analysis,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(3), pages 281-306, June.
- Sourafel Girma, 2003. "Absorptive capacity and productivity spillovers From FDI: a threshold regression analysis," European Economy Group Working Papers 25, European Economy Group.
- Sourafel Girma & David Greenaway & Katharine Wakelin, 2013.
"Who Benefits from Foreign Direct Investment in the UK?,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 60(5), pages 560-574, November.
- Girma, Sourafel & Greenaway, David & Wakelin, Katharine, 2001. "Who Benefits from Foreign Direct Investment in the UK?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 119-133, May.
- Davide Castellani & Antonello Zanfei, 2003. "Technology gaps, absorptive capacity and the impact of inward investments on productivity of European firms ," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6), pages 555-576.
- Nelson, Andrew J., 2009. "Measuring knowledge spillovers: What patents, licenses and publications reveal about innovation diffusion," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 994-1005, July.
- O'Mahony, Mary & Vecchi, Michela, 2009. "R&D, knowledge spillovers and company productivity performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 35-44, February.
- Driffield, Nigel, 2001. "The Impact of Domestic Productivity of Inward Investment in the UK," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(1), pages 103-119, January.
- Kafouros, Mario I. & Buckley, Peter J., 2008. "Under what conditions do firms benefit from the research efforts of other organizations?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 225-239, March.
- Escribano, Alvaro & Fosfuri, Andrea & Tribó, Josep A., 2009. "Managing external knowledge flows: The moderating role of absorptive capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 96-105, February.
- Jordaan, Jacob A., 2005. "Determinants of FDI-induced externalities: New empirical evidence for Mexican manufacturing industries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2103-2118, December.
- Manuel Albaladejo, "undated". "Determinants and Policies to Foster the Competitiveness of SME Clusters: Evidence from Latin America," QEH Working Papers qehwps71, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Edna M. Villarreal Peralta, 2015.
"Innovation and Regional Growth in Mexico: 2000–2010,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 172-195, June.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Villarreal Peralta, Edna Maria, 2014. "Innovation and Regional Growth in Mexico: 2000-2010," CEPR Discussion Papers 10153, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Edna MaríaVillarreal Peralta, 2014. "Innovation and Regional Growth in Mexico: 2000-2010," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1417, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsAbsorptive capacities; Knowledge spillovers; SME-large firms interaction; Mexico;
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-12-19 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2011-12-19 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2011-12-19 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2011-12-19 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2011-12-19 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2011-12-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lucirc:2011_001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Torben Schubert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/circlse.html .