Prices and quality signals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kreps, David M & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Sequential Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 863-894, July.
- Jacobsen, Hans Jorgen & Jensen, Mogens & Sloth, Birgitte, 2001.
"Evolutionary Learning in Signalling Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 34-63, January.
- Hans Jørgen Jacobsen & Mogens Jensen & Birgitte Sloth, 1998. "Evolutionary Learning in Signalling Games," CIE Discussion Papers 1999-14, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics, revised Sep 1999.
- Jacobsen, H.J. & Jensen, M. & Sloth, B., 1999. "Evolutionary Learning in Signalling Games," Papers 99-01, Carleton - School of Public Administration.
- Hans Jørgen Jacobsen & Mogens Jensen & Birgitte Sloth, 1999. "Evolutionary Learning in Signalling Games," Discussion Papers 99-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1986. "Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 796-821, August.
- Riley, John G, 1979. "Informational Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 331-359, March.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Riordan, Michael H, 1991. "High and Declining Prices Signal Product Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 224-239, March.
- Hellwig, Martin, 1987. "Some recent developments in the theory of competition in markets with adverse selection ," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 319-325.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordslemons; noisy quality signal; adverse selection;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-IND-2004-02-29 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2004-02-23 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .