Discrimination in Scientific Review - A natural field experiment on blind versus non-blind review
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fredrik Carlsson & Åsa Löfgren & Thomas Sterner, 2012. "Discrimination in Scientific Review: A Natural Field Experiment on Blind versus Non-Blind Reviews," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 114(2), pages 500-519, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Larry D. Singell & John M. McDowell & James P. Ziliak, 1999. "Cracks in the Glass Ceiling: Gender and Promotion in the Economics Profession," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 392-396, May.
- Subhra Bhattacharjee & Joseph A. Herriges & Catherine L. Kling, 2007. "The Status of Women in Environmental Economics," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 1(2), pages 212-227, Summer.
- Garett Jones, 2008. "What Is the Right Number of Women? Hints and Puzzles from Cognitive Ability Research," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(2), pages 227-239, May.
- Blank, Rebecca M, 1991. "The Effects of Double-Blind versus Single-Blind Reviewing: Experimental Evidence from The American Economic Review," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1041-1067, December.
- Christina Jonung & Ann-Charlotte StÃ¥hlberg, 2008. "Reaching the Top? On Gender Balance in the Economics Profession," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(2), pages 174-192, May.
- Catherine Hakim, 2008. "Diversity in Tastes, Values, and Preferences: Comment on Jonung and StÃ¥hlberg," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(2), pages 204-218, May.
- Deirdre N. McCloskey, 2008. "Mr. Max and the Substantial Errors of Manly Economics," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(2), pages 199-203, May.
- Christina Jonung & Ann-Charlotte StÃ¥hlberg, 2009. "Does Economics Have a Gender?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 6(1), pages 60-72, January.
- Rachel Croson & Uri Gneezy, 2009. "Gender Differences in Preferences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 448-474, June.
- Ann Mari May, 2008. "On Gender Balance in the Economics Profession," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(2), pages 193-198, May.
More about this item
KeywordsGender discrimination; review;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .