The Internationalization of Vietnamese SMEs
Small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) have been important for Vietnam’s rapid economic development. However, the context in which SMEs operate are rapidly changing with the current internationalisation of the Vietnamese economy. The question posed in this paper is “How are Vietnam’s SMEs affected by the internationalization process?” This will give an indication of what challenges lie ahead if the plans for further trade liberalization and internationalization are realized. The basis of our analysis is a unique database on the activities of a large sample of Vietnamese SMEs in 1990, 1996, and 2002, with quantitative data about various aspects of company operations, as well as qualitative information about the entrepreneurs’ perceptions of the current business environment and expectations about the future.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||10 Jun 2004|
|Date of revision:||14 Oct 2004|
|Publication status:||Published in Asian Economic Papers, 2005, pages 152-177.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: The European Institute of Japanese Studies, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden|
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/en/Research/Institutes/EIJS/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Vietnam; Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper Progress Report," IMF Staff Country Reports 04/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2006.
"Trade Policy Reforms and the Structure of Protection in Vietnam,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 161-187, 02.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2005. "Trade Policy Reforms and the Structure of Protection in Vietnam," Departmental Working Papers 2005-06, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Hill, Hal, 2000. "Export Success Against the Odds: A Vietnamese Case Study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 283-300, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:eijswp:0193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nanhee Lee)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.