Comparing rail passengers’ travel time use in Great Britain between 2004 and 2010
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lyons, Glenn & Jain, Juliet & Holley, David, 2007. "The use of travel time by rail passengers in Great Britain," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 107-120, January.
- Susan Kenyon, 2010. "What do we mean by multitasking? – Exploring the need for methodological clarification in time use research," electronic International Journal of Time Use Research, Research Institute on Professions (Forschungsinstitut Freie Berufe (FFB)) and The International Association for Time Use Research (IATUR), vol. 7(1), pages 42-60, October.
- Barry Brown & Kenton O'Hara, 2003. "Place as a practical concern of mobile workers," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(9), pages 1565-1587, September.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Salomon, Ilan, 2001.
"How derived is the demand for travel? Some conceptual and measurement considerations,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 695-719, September.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia & Salomon, Ilan, 2001. "How Derived is the Demand for Travel? Some Conceptual and Measurement Considerations," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt1z26n1r8, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L & Salomon, Ilan, 2001. "How Derived is the Demand for Travel? Some Conceptual and Measurement Considerations," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt7cx951n5, University of California Transportation Center.
- Lyons, Glenn & Urry, John, 2005. "Travel time use in the information age," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 257-276.
- David Bissell, 2008. "Comfortable bodies: sedentary affects," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(7), pages 1697-1712, July.
- Kenyon, Susan & Lyons, Glenn, 2007. "Introducing multitasking to the study of travel and ICT: Examining its extent and assessing its potential importance," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 161-175, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bouscasse, H. & Joly, I. & Peyhardi, J., 2016. "Estimating travel mode choice, including rail in regional area, based on a new family of regression models," Working Papers 2016-04, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Frei, Charlotte & Mahmassani, Hani S. & Frei, Andreas, 2015. "Making time count: Traveler activity engagement on urban transit," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 58-70.
- Susilo, Yusak O. & Cats, Oded, 2014. "Exploring key determinants of travel satisfaction for multi-modal trips by different traveler groups," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 366-380.
More about this item
KeywordsTravel time use; Multitasking; Rail travel; Value of time; Mobile technologies;
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-09-25 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2013-09-25 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAM-2013-09-25 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2013-09-25 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-NEU-2013-09-25 (Neuroeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2013-09-25 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRE-2013-09-25 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2013-09-25 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-09-25 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ctswps:2013_017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CTS). General contact details of provider: http://www.cts.kth.se/ .