Spatial, temporal and size distribution of freight train delays: evidence from Sweden
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea D’Ariano & Marco Pranzo, 2009. "An Advanced Real-Time Train Dispatching System for Minimizing the Propagation of Delays in a Dispatching Area Under Severe Disturbances," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 63-84, March.
- Carey, Malachy & Kwiecinski, Andrzej, 1994. "Stochastic approximation to the effects of headways on knock-on delays of trains," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 251-267, August.
- Yuan, Jianxin & Hansen, Ingo A., 2007. "Optimizing capacity utilization of stations by estimating knock-on train delays," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 202-217, February.
- Mu, Shi & Dessouky, Maged, 2011. "Scheduling freight trains traveling on complex networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 1103-1123, August.
- Burdett, R.L. & Kozan, E., 2006. "Techniques for absolute capacity determination in railways," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 616-632, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krüger, Niclas A. & Vierth, Inge, 2014. "Precautionary and operative costs of freight train delays: a case study of a Swedish grocery company," Working papers in Transport Economics 2014:3, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
More about this item
KeywordsFat-tails; Freight; Delays; Rail; Reliability; Vulnerability;
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2013-08-10 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TRE-2013-08-10 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-08-10 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ctswps:2013_008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CTS). General contact details of provider: http://www.cts.kth.se/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.