R&D Accessibility and Comparative Advantages in Quality Differentiated Goods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Falvey, Rodney E., 1981. "Commercial policy and intra-industry trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 495-511, November.
- Paul Cheshire & Edward Malecki, 2003.
"Growth, development, and innovation: A look backward and forward,"
Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 249-267, October.
- Paul Cheshire & Edward Malecki, 2003. "Growth, development, and innovation: A look backward and forward," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 83(1), pages 249-267, October.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1987. "The Causes and Consequences of the Dependence of Quality on Price," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Lionel Fontagné & Michaël Freudenberg, 1997. "Intra-Industry Trade: Methodological Issues Reconsidered," Working Papers 1997-01, CEPII research center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Warda, Peter, 2013. "Labor Decomposition: A Firm Level Analysis on Import Quality and Labor Demand," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 322, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Sara Johansson, 2014. "The influence of knowledge on firms’ export decisions," Chapters, in: Charlie Karlsson & Börje Johansson & Kiyoshi Kobayashi & Roger R. Stough (ed.),Knowledge, Innovation and Space, chapter 5, pages 103-138, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca & Stanisław Umiński, 2013. "The determinants of regional exports in Poland -- a panel data analysis," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 206-224, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:16:y:2010:i:3:p:311-324 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aggarwal, Sakshi & Chakraborty, Debashis, 2017. "Determinants of India’s Bilateral Intra-Industry Trade over 2001-15: Empirical Results," MPRA Paper 78020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hoang, Viet, 2019. "The Dynamics of Agricultural Intra-Industry Trade: A Comprehensive Case Study in Vietnam," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 74-82.
- Fertő, Imre & Hubbard, Lionel J., 2003. "A vertikálisan és horizontálisan differenciált mezőgazdasági termékek ágazaton belüli kereskedelme Magyarország és az Európai Unió Között [Intra-industry trade in vertically and horizontally differ," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(2), pages 152-163.
- Abdul Azhar & Robert Elliott, 2011. "A Measure of Trade Induced Adjustment in Volume and Quality Space," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 955-968, November.
- Abdul K. M. Azhar & Robert J. R. Elliott, 2008.
"On the Measurement of Changes in Product Quality in Marginal Intra-Industry Trade,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(2), pages 225-247, July.
- A K M Azhar & Robert R J Elliott, 2007. "On the Measurement of Changes in Product Quality in Marginal Intra-Industry Trade," Discussion Papers 07-09, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Vogiatzoglou, Klimis, 2005. "Varieties or Qualities? Horizontal and Vertical Intra-industry Trade within the NAFTA Trade Bloc," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 6(2), pages 1-13.
- Juliette Milgram Baleix & Ana I Moro-Egido, "undated".
"Trade types with developed and developing countries. What can we learn from Spanish data?,"
Working Papers on International Economics and Finance
- Juliette Milgram & Ana Moro-Egido, 2005. "Trade types with Developed and Developing Countries What can we learn from Spanish data?," ThE Papers 05/08, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Jose Caetano & Aurora Galego, 2007.
"In Search for the Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade within an Enlarged Europe,"
South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 5(2), pages 163-183.
- José Manuel Martins Caetano & Aurora Galego, 2006. "In Search for Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade within an Enlarged Europe," Economics Working Papers 2_2006, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Maylene Y. Damoense-Azevedo & AndrÃ© C. Jordaan, 2012. "Factors influencing bilateral intra-industry trade in the auto industry: the case of South Africa," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(1/2), pages 63-82.
- Mónica Rivera, 2014. "Trade patterns in the process of European integration: Evidence for the intraindustrial exchanges of a Mediterranean peripheral region," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(1), pages 227-249, January.
- Juliette Milgram Baleix & Ana I. Moro-Egido, 2005. "Trade types with developed and developing countries what can we learn from Spanish data? Abstract: In this paper, we investigate the nature of Spanish intra-industry trade and find that intraindustry ," Working Papers 05-06, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- J. Caetano & A. Galego & E. Vaz & C. Vieira & I. Vieira, 2002. "The Eastward Enlargement of the Eurozone: Trade and FDI," Eastward Enlargement of the Euro-zone Working Papers wp07, Free University Berlin, Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, revised 01 Aug 2002.
- Masoud Nonejad, 2012. "Measuring Goods Quality in Iranâ€™s Intra- Industry Trade with G-8 Member States," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 4(6), pages 344-353.
- Elizabeth S. Tan, 2010. "ChinaÕs integration in East Asia: the role of intra-industry trade," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 47(2), pages 83-118, December.
- Mastooreh Eshraghi & Normaz Wana Ismail, 2013. "Intra Industry Trade and Product Quality: China and Eight Developing Countries," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 12(1), pages 59-72, June.
- Pittiglio, Rosanna, 2009.
"The Intra-industry Trade for a Highincome Country: New Empirical Evidence for Italy,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 62(2), pages 233-254.
- Rosanna Pittiglio, Rosanna, 2008. "The intra-industry trade for a high-income country: new empirical evidence for Italy," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-17, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Rosanna Pittiglio, 2008. "The intra-industry trade for a high-income country: new empirical evidence for Italy," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 211, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Juliette Milgram‐Baleix & Ana I. Moro‐Egido, 2010.
"The Asymmetric Effect of Endowments on Vertical Intra‐industrial Trade,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(5), pages 746-777, May.
- Ana I. Moro & Juliette Milgram, 2008. "The Asymmetric Effect of Endowments on Vertical Intra-Industrial Trade," Working Papers. Serie EC 2008-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Jean-Jacques Nowak & Sylvain Petit & Mondher Sahli, 2012. "Intra-Tourism Trade in Europe," Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(6), pages 1287-1311, December.
- Tadashi Ito & Toshihiro Okubo, 2016.
"Product Quality And Intra-Industry Trade,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(04), pages 1-22, September.
- Tadashi Ito & Toshihiro Okubo, 2014. "Product Quality and Intra-Industry Trade," CAMA Working Papers 2014-74, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ito, Tadashi & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2014. "Product quality and intra-industry trade," IDE Discussion Papers 478, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Moreno Monroy, Ana Isabel & Posada D., Héctor Mauricio, 2007.
"Evolución del Comercio Intraindustrial entre las regiones colombianas y la Comunidad Andina, 1990-2004: un análisis comparativo,"
Revista Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia - CIE, May.
- Ana Isabel Moreno Monroy & Héctor Mauricio Posada Duque, 2007. "Evolución del Comercio Intraindustrial entre las regiones colombianas y la Comunidad Andina, 1990-2004: un análisis comparativo," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 66, pages 83-118, Enero-Jun.
- Ana Isabel, Moreno & Hector Mauricio, Posada, 2006. "Evolución del Comercio Intraindustrial entre las regiones colombianas y la Comunidad Andina, 1990-2004: un análisis comparativo," MPRA Paper 4936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsProduct quality; vertical differentiation; Knowledge; Accessibility; Spatial dependence; comparative advantage; technology;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R32 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other Spatial Production and Pricing Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2007-12-15 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2007-12-15 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2007-12-15 (Innovation)
- NEP-INT-2007-12-15 (International Trade)
- NEP-KNM-2007-12-15 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.