Portfolio Choice under Inflation: Are Popular Recommendations Consistent with Rational Behavior?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Breeden, Douglas T., 1986. "Consumption, production, inflation and interest rates : A synthesis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 3-39, May.
- Canner, Niko & Mankiw, N Gregory & Weil, David N, 1997. "An Asset Allocation Puzzle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 181-191, March.
- Ingersoll, Jonathan E. & Skelton, Jeffrey & Weil, Roman L., 1978. "Duration Forty Years Later," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(04), pages 627-650, November.
- LuisM. Viceira & John Y. Campbell, 2001.
"Who Should Buy Long-Term Bonds?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 99-127, March.
- John Y. Campbell & Luis M. Viceira, 1998. "Who Should Buy Long-Term Bonds?," NBER Working Papers 6801, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Y. Campbell & Luis M. Viceira, 2000. "Who Should Buy Long-Term Bonds?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1895, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Elton, Edwin J. & Gruber, Martin J., 2000. "The Rationality of Asset Allocation Recommendations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 27-41, March.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971. "Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Cox, John C. & Huang, Chi-fu, 1991. "A variational problem arising in financial economics," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 465-487.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- Pennacchi, George G, 1991. "Identifying the Dynamics of Real Interest Rates and Inflation: Evidence Using Survey Data," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(1), pages 53-86.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1979. "Duration and the Measurement of Basis Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 51-61, January.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-257, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Han, Nan-Wei & Hung, Mao-Wei, 2006. "Estimated inflation rate, consumption and portfolio decision," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(3), pages 402-408, September.
More about this item
KeywordsInvestment; Nominal bonds; Stocks; Market setting; Securities; Investment strategy; Risk;
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-04-03 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cbsfin:2001_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lars Nondal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbschdk.html .