Duration Forty Years Later
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Friedberg Leora & Webb Anthony, 2007.
"Life Is Cheap: Using Mortality Bonds to Hedge Aggregate Mortality Risk,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-33, July.
- Leora Friedberg & Anthony Webb, 2006. "Life is Cheap: Using Mortality Bonds to Hedge Aggregate Mortality Risk," NBER Working Papers 11984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Campbell, John Y, 1996.
"Understanding Risk and Return,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(2), pages 298-345, April.
- John Y. Campbell, 1993. "Understanding Risk and Return," NBER Working Papers 4554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Y. Campbell, 1995. "Understanding Risk and Return," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1711, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Campbell, John, 1996. "Understanding Risk and Return," Scholarly Articles 3153293, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Amy Finkelstein & James Poterba, 2004.
"Adverse Selection in Insurance Markets: Policyholder Evidence from the U.K. Annuity Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(1), pages 183-208, February.
- Amy Finkelstein & James Poterba, 2000. "Adverse Selection in Insurance Markets: Policyholder Evidence from the U.K. Annuity Market," NBER Working Papers 8045, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivia S. Mitchell, 1999.
"New Evidence on the Money's Worth of Individual Annuities,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1299-1318.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & James M. Poterba & Mark J. Warshawsky, "undated". "New Evidence on the Money's Worth of Individual Annuities," Pension Research Council Working Papers 97-9, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & James M. Poterba & Mark J. Warshawsky, 1997. "New Evidence on the Money's Worth of Individual Annuities," NBER Working Papers 6002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Biffis, Enrico & Blake, David, 2010. "Securitizing and tranching longevity exposures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 186-197, February.
- Campbell, John Y. & Viceira, Luis M., 2002. "Strategic Asset Allocation: Portfolio Choice for Long-Term Investors," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296942.
- Campbell, John Y. & Lo, Andrew W. & MacKinlay, A. Craig & Whitelaw, Robert F., 1998. "The Econometrics Of Financial Markets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 559-562, December.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia Young, 2008.
"Pricing options in incomplete equity markets via the instantaneous Sharpe ratio,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 399-429, October.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2007. "Pricing Options in Incomplete Equity Markets via the Instantaneous Sharpe Ratio," Papers math/0701650, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2007.
- Pelsser, Antoon, 2008. "On the Applicability of the Wang Transform for Pricing Financial Risks," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 171-181, May.
- Nicholas Barberis, 2000. "Investing for the Long Run when Returns Are Predictable," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 225-264, February.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Milevsky, Moshe A. & David Promislow, S. & Young, Virginia R., 2009.
"Valuation of mortality risk via the instantaneous Sharpe ratio: Applications to life annuities,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 676-691, March.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Moshe Milevsky & David Promislow & Virginia Young, 2008. "Valuation of Mortality Risk via the Instantaneous Sharpe Ratio: Applications to Life Annuities," Papers 0802.3250, arXiv.org.
- Andrew J. G. Cairns & David Blake & Kevin Dowd, 2006. "A Two-Factor Model for Stochastic Mortality with Parameter Uncertainty: Theory and Calibration," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(4), pages 687-718.
- Pitacco, Ermanno & Denuit, Michel & Haberman, Steven & Olivieri, Annamaria, 2009. "Modelling Longevity Dynamics for Pensions and Annuity Business," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199547272.
- Horneff, Wolfram J. & Maurer, Raimond H. & Mitchell, Olivia S. & Stamos, Michael Z., 2009. "Asset allocation and location over the life cycle with investment-linked survival-contingent payouts," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1688-1699, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmad Telfah, "undated". "" Do Financial Planners Take Financial Crashes In Their Advice: Dynamic Asset Allocation Under Thick Tails And Fast Volatility Updating," API-Working Paper Series 0604, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- Luís Oliveira & João Vidal Nunes & Luís Malcato, 2014. "The performance of deterministic and stochastic interest rate risk measures:," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 13(3), pages 141-165, December.
- J. Huston McCulloch, 2001. "The Inflation Premium implicit in the US Real and Nominal," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 210, Society for Computational Economics.
- Munk, Claus & Sørensen, Carsten & Vinther, Tina Nygaard, 2001. "Portfolio Choice under Inflation: Are Popular Recommendations Consistent with Rational Behavior?," Working Papers 2001-6, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Finance.
- Shiller, Robert J. & Huston McCulloch, J., 1990. "The term structure of interest rates," Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 627-722 Elsevier.
- Steven Heston, 2007. "A model of discontinuous interest rate behavior, yield curves, and volatility," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, pages 205-225.
- Jin-Chuan, Duan & Moreau, Arthur F. & Sealey, C. W., 1995. "Deposit insurance and bank interest rate risk: Pricing and regulatory implications," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1091-1108, September.
- Armerin, Frederik & Björk, Tomas & Jensen, Bjarne Astrup, 2005. "Term Structure Models with Parallel and Proportional Shifts," Working Papers 2005-5, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Finance.
- Nawalkha, Sanjay K., 1995. "The duration vector: A continuous-time extension to default-free interest rate contingent claims," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1359-1366, November.
- Ahmad Telfah, "undated". "Strategic Asset Allocation in Stochastic Environment And Incomplete Markets: Evidence on Horizon And Hedging Effects," API-Working Paper Series 0603, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- Bharati, Rakesh & Nanisetty, Prasad & So, Jacky, 2006. "Dynamic gap transformations: Are banks asset - transformers or brokers? or both?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 36-52, February.
- Jorge Miguel Ventura Bravo & Carlos Manuel Pereira da Silva, 2005. "Immunization Using a Parametric Model of the Term Structure," Economics Working Papers 19_2005, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Kroon, E.P., 1991. "Bond market efficiency : some Dutch evidence," Serie Research Memoranda 0045, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Balbas, Alejandro & Ibanez, Alfredo, 1998. "When can you immunize a bond portfolio?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1571-1595, December.
- Olivier de La Grandville, 2001. "Immunization of Bond Portfolios: Some New Results," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 01-26, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Kraft, Holger & Munk, Claus, 2007. "Bond durations: Corporates vs. Treasuries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3720-3741, December.
- J. Huston McCulloch & Levin A. Kochen, 1998. "The Inflation Premium Implicit in the US Real and Nominal Term Structures of Interest Rates," Working Papers 98-12, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Nawalkha, Sanjay K. & Chambers, Donald R., 1995. "A note on currency option pricing," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 81-84.
- Fernando Rubio, 2004. "Eficiencia Simple Del Mercado De Renta Fija En Chile," Finance 0405009, EconWPA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:13:y:1978:i:04:p:627-650_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.