Software Innovativeness - Knowledge Acquisition, External Linkages and Firm Developmental Processes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- MartinNeil Baily & Robert Z. Lawrence, 2001.
"Do We Have a New E-conomy?,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 308-312, May.
- Martin N. Baily & Robert Lawrence, 2001. "Do We Have A New E-Conomy?," NBER Working Papers 8243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 1998. "Complementarity between technology make and buy in innovation strategies: Evidence from Belgiam manufacturing firms," Economics Working Papers 279, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Cooper, Robert G., 1990. "Stage-gate systems: A new tool for managing new products," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 44-54.
- John Hagedoorn, 1993. "Understanding the rationale of strategic technology partnering: Interorganizational modes of cooperation and sectoral differences," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 371-385, July.
- Abernathy, William J. & Clark, Kim B., 1985. "Innovation: Mapping the winds of creative destruction," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-22, February.
- Pierre Dussauge & Stuart Hart & Bernard Ramanantsoa, 1992. "Strategic Technology Management," Post-Print hal-00708987, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haruvy Ernan E & Wu Fang & Chakravarty Sujoy, 2005. "Incentives for Developers’ Contributions and Product Performance Metrics in Open Source Development: An Empirical Exploration," IIMA Working Papers WP2005-03-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Manuela Gussoni, 2009. "The determinants of inter-firms R&D cooperation and partner selection. A literature overview," Discussion Papers 2009/86, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Guardo, Chiara di & Valentini, Giovanni, 2005. "Organizing for innovation: R&D projects, activities and partners," IESE Research Papers D/597, IESE Business School.
- Ryan, Paul & Geoghegan, Will & Hilliard, Rachel, 2018. "The microfoundations of firms’ explorative innovation capabilities within the triple helix framework," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 76, pages 15-27.
- Khomich, S.G. & Smirnova, M.M. & Rebiazina, V.A., 2015. "The effect of cooperation at different stages of innovation process on company’s performance," Working Papers 6411, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rothaermel, Frank T., 2001. "Complementary assets, strategic alliances, and the incumbent's advantage: an empirical study of industry and firm effects in the biopharmaceutical industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1235-1251, October.
- Fernandes, Cristina & Ferreira, João & Raposo, Mario, 2013. "Drivers to firm innovation and their effects on performance: An international comparison," MPRA Paper 46776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Imran Anwar Mir, 2011. "Innovative Process Management: A Strategic Weapon to Succeed in a Dynamic and Hyper Competitive Environment," Information Management and Business Review, AMH International, vol. 3(6), pages 315-327.
- Wuyts, Stefan & Colombo, Massimo G. & Dutta, Shantanu & Nooteboom, Bart, 2005.
"Empirical tests of optimal cognitive distance,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 277-302, October.
- Wuyts, S.H.K. & Colombo, M.G. & Dutta, S. & Nooteboom, B., 2004. "Empirical Tests Of Optimal Cognitive Distance," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-007-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Wuyts, S.H.K. & Colombo, M. & Dutta, S. & Nooteboom, B., 2005. "Empirical Tests of Optimal Cognitive Distance," Discussion Paper 2005-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wuyts, S.H.K. & Colombo, M. & Dutta, S. & Nooteboom, B., 2005. "Empirical Tests of Optimal Cognitive Distance," Other publications TiSEM bb2687cd-5724-4e0c-a58c-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Segelod , Esbjörn & Jordan, Gary, 2002. "The Use and Importance of External Sources of Knowledge in the Software Development Process," FE rapport 2002-391, University of Gothenburg, Department of Business Administration.
- Nooteboom, B., 2006.
"Learning and Innovation in Inter-Organizational Relationships and Networks,"
Other publications TiSEM
8d768d99-325c-4313-a9fa-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Nooteboom, B., 2006. "Learning and Innovation in Inter-Organizational Relationships and Networks," Discussion Paper 2006-39, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Soh, Pek Hooi, 1966- & Roberts, Edward Baer. & International Center for Research on the Management of Technology., 1998. "The patterns of interorganizational networks in the development of data communication technologies," Working papers 173-98, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Soh, Pek-Hooi & Roberts, Edward B., 2003. "Networks of innovators: a longitudinal perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1569-1588, October.
- Belderbos, Rene & Gilsing, Victor & Lokshin, Boris, 2009. "Persistence of and interrelation between horizontal and vertical technology alliances," MERIT Working Papers 2009-065, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ferreira, João J.M. & Fernandes, Cristina I. & Alves, Helena & Raposo, Mário L., 2015. "Drivers of innovation strategies: Testing the Tidd and Bessant (2009) model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1395-1403.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4322 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gilsing, V.A. & Duijsters, G.M., 2008. "Understanding novelty creation in exploration networks, structural and relational embeddedness jointly considered," Other publications TiSEM dc09da69-d749-4bf9-8898-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Du, Jingshu & Leten, Bart & Vanhaverbeke, Wim, 2014. "Managing open innovation projects with science-based and market-based partners," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 828-840.
- Lay, Janine & Wiewiora, Anna & Kashan, Alireza Javanmardi & Bradley, Lisa, 2022. "Operationalising a process model of innovation for the mining industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C).
- Sakakibara, Mariko, 1997. "Evaluating government-sponsored R&D consortia in Japan: who benefits and how?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 447-473, December.
- Krickx, Guido A., 1995. "Vertical integration in the computer mainframe industry: A transaction cost interpretation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 75-91, January.
- Jonathan Temple, 2002.
"The Assessment: The New Economy,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 241-264.
- Temple, Jonathan, 2002. "An Assessment of the New Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 3597, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Temple, 2002. "An Assessment of the New Economy," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 02/542, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
More about this item
KeywordsComputer software firms; innovativeness; external knowledge acquisition; product development processes; firm developmental effects; software industry; software projects;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2002-08-29 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2002-09-11 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhb:gunwba:2002_392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hhsguse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Maria Persson (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hhsguse.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.